Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miami Intercontinental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2000, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Miami Intercontinental

Has anyone stayed at Miami Inter-continental recently? Pros and cons about it? Any restaurants nearby to recommend?
Old Oct 10, 2000, 7:45 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, but not real recently - probably 1990-1991!!

It was nice then!

Far better than the nearby Hyatt!
Old Oct 11, 2000, 8:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
davidlee-- I'll be at the Inter-Conti Miami Airport tomorrow night, so I can give you the scoop on that property. I'll be in about 2 wks though, as I won't have any communication capabilites until Oct 26th.
Old Oct 11, 2000, 9:33 am
Original Poster

TO: Burkey---thanks for your willingness to provide info--however, the Inter-conti I'm speaking about is the one downtown.
Old Mar 10, 2001, 3:12 pm

I will be staying here soon and I would like to know what it will be like. I am talking about the one downtoan on at 100 Chopin Plaza. Any specific room numbers good, is the club floor any good? How about taxi availablity outside? Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2001, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Stayed there a few months ago--club floor very good--nice breakfast, afternoon tea and pastries and evening cocktails and generous foodies--taxis no problem to get--hotel is very very large and one gets the impression that it is really geared to conventions--the lobby is like a large convention center--but overall it's an ok hotel--just keep in mind that it's in the middle of nowhere(at night you don't walk around the area).
Old Mar 11, 2001, 8:12 am

That's good to know. It's in the middle of nowhere!
Old Aug 20, 2001, 8:47 am

Anyone else have any more updates or stories to tell.

I will be staying here again soon on the Club floor, just like last time. The afternoon food things were cheapo as I remember. Just stuff out of the box mixed together.
Old Aug 20, 2001, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
We stayed at this hotel both February and May of this year. It has a great location right next to Bayside, (shops, restaurants, etc). Ask for high floor overlooking the Cruise ships and Bayside. It has the best view of the 3 sided hotel. We have seen manatees from the 24th floor and lots of boat traffic and cruise ships turning around before departure.
Old Feb 17, 2002, 11:36 am

Looking for another update. I may be staying here soon again for about 11 days in March 2002.

Would it be worth it to sign up for the Six Continents Club since I am there for such a long stay? I almost never stay at any other IC property anywhere else.

I see for mimia.interconti.com that the Club Floor are 29, 30, 31 and the lounge is on the 29th floor. Is this true? Is there any problem getting into the lounge whe you are on other floors?

I assume the upgrade of the 1st level of the Six Continents Club is never to a club room.

I assume the Club lounge is still the same and nothing new.

I think I will get a Club room agian as it sort of includes meals and I will not have to spend huge amount of money on room service/hotel restaurants.

Is it still the case the you do not walk around outside at night? Is it just deserted or just very bad? I heard that the Bayside Marketplace area is really unsafe at night.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by STAM4NICK (edited 02-17-2002).]
Old Feb 17, 2002, 6:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by STAM4NICK:
I assume the upgrade of the 1st level of the Six Continents Club is never to a club room.</font>
It really depends on the property. I always got Club rooms at the Tokyo, Yokohama, and Manila I-C's at the 'Business Option' rate, even without SCC membership.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 7:24 am

The hotel is not really in a bad area at all. It is right in the middle of downtown Miami, which is just pretty deserted at night. Bayside itself is not dangerous at all, anytime of day. The Intercontinental and Bayside are sort of connected by a large, wide walkway along the bayfront. The area is sometimes frequented by the homeless, but nothing that would shock you. I probably would not walk alone at 1am back and forth, but as long as it is early evening, it is ok. I am not even sure a cab would take you from the hotel to Bayside, as it is literally just a block away. BTW, I have never stayed there (work across the street), but the hotel recently remodled, and looks nice. Enjoy your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.