Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCC Status at SJ Intercontinental

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2002, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

SCC Status at SJ Intercontinental

Hello-- was hoping you can help me out. I've booked a package in March to Puerto Rico-- where I received free airfare to PR as well as 5 nights at the IC in SJU.

I am a SCC member, and was wondering if the "perks" of the membership would be extended to me. I ask because the hotel is already pre-paid and I have a voucher. Will I be given an upgrade at the property (and if so has anyone had any experiece on what the upgrades typically are) and will the other stuff be extended to me too?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks-
Old Jan 28, 2002, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
I just came back from the Intercontinental San Juan resort. I am not a SCC member, only a Priority Club member. These people are wonderful. They upgraded me to a deluxe oceanview room and the staff cannot do enough for you. It was a wonderful stay.
By the way, make sure to have dinner at Masquerina Atlantica. It is a wonderful restaurant with great service, great food and reasonable prices.

[This message has been edited by Marysunshine (edited 01-28-2002).]
Old Feb 5, 2002, 11:13 am
Original Poster

So no SCC members have stayed at this property?
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

I am an Ambassador level member of SCC, stayed at the San Juan IC on Monday, and was less than impressed with the treatment we received. We had booked an ocean view room; they claimed that our 16th floor ocean view room was a 4 level upgrade from the ocean view room we had booked. It was never clear to me how this could be so.

Ambassador members are entitled to suite upgrades when available. They offered us a junior suite with a highway view; the only ocean view suites that they have are "grand" suites. They NEVER upgrade to these suites, even those at the Ambassador level.

At the Ambassador level, we are entitled to free run of the minibar. They have no minibar, just an in-room refrigerator. We were given a form to check as to what beverages we wanted them to supply. We checked in at 4pm for a one night stay; the beverages were delivered at 10pm.

I never did figure out what they considered the Ambassador gift to be; we were given a fruit plate with about 3 bites of fruit and an 8-ounce bottle of water.

The property is pleasant and the room was comfortable, albeit with a miniscule bathroom. However, it was the poorest treatment we have received to date as an Ambassador level member of SCC.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update SanDiego1K... From what I understand the hotel is undergoing a renovation in their "Club" Section-- flrs 1 and 2... I wonder if that's what they normally upgrade to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.