Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by holtju2
Exactly. It is interesting to see what happens to the AMB and RA bonuses.
Good point. Almost all of my stays are in Europe and Asia, so the change doesn't benefit me, though of course I would welcome it -- as long as it doesn't result in elimination of these bonuses and the Ambassador Accelerator.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Typical... on my upcoming trip, the biggest spend, out of the 4 IC's I am booked at is in Bali... All the rest are in the US and on vastly cheaper room rates... just my luck.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:31 am

Basic sample IC stay in an eligible location.....(one night at $100+)
Current rules:
RA- 2K+1K+1K=4K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
AMB/Plat- 2K+1K=3K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
AMB/Gold- 2K+200=2.2K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
Kettle/Club- 2K= 2K
New rules:
RA- 1K+500+1K=2.5K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
AMB/Plat- 1K+500=1.5K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
AMB/Gold- 1K+100=1.1K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
Kettle/Club- 1K= 1K

Result.....net decrease in points earned

Sample IC stay in an eligible location.....(2 nights at $100+/night)
Current rules:
Kettle/Club- 2K= 2K
New rules:
Kettle/Club- 2K= 2K

Result.....net break even in points earned

Sample IC stay in an eligible location.....(3 nights at $100+/night)
Current rules:
Kettle/Club- 2K= 2K
New rules:
RA- 3K+1.5K+1K=5.5K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
AMB/Plat- 3K+1.5K=4.5K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
AMB/Gold- 3K+300=3.3K (plus 1.3K for AMB Accelerator)
Kettle/Club- 3K= 3K

Result.....net increase in points earned

Does this look correct based on the current information we have?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:50 am
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
InterContinental Point Earning Structure Update

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to confirm that Priority Club will be rolling out a new points-earning structure for InterContinental Hotels & Resorts starting February 15th.

Stay tuned we’ll be sending out more information about the changes in the coming weeks, but one thing to note is that you will start to experience the new earning structure over the next 30 days as we’re building out the program. These updates will be applicable to InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean for the time being.

Carolyn
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
13 January 2012

InterContinental Hotels & Resorts to Offer Full Folio Priority Club Points

Guests will earn more Priority Club points than ever before starting Feb. 15 when they stay

ATLANTA – Priority Club Rewards, the world’s largest and fastest-growing hotel loyalty program from IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), announced today that beginning Feb. 15, 2012, Priority Club members who stay at any* of the 55 InterContinental Hotels in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean will earn ten points per every $1USD spent+ on qualifying revenue during stays. Unlike the current earning rate of 2,000 points per stay, regardless of what is spent at the hotel, there is no maximum number of points a guest can earn under this new program. On average, most Priority Club Rewards members can expect to earn approximately three times the number of points that they do today.

”Although we will continue our focus on providing Priority Club members with new ways to redeem their points, this new earning structure at InterContinental Hotels will allow them to earn them faster than ever before, too,” said Don Berg, vice president, Loyalty Programs and Partnerships, IHG. “Priority Club members who stay at InterContinental properties between now and February 15 will begin to experience this richer earning policy as we operationally ramp up the program over the next 30 days,” said Berg. Starting Feb. 15, all members can expect to earn at the new rate.

“We're delighted to enhance our program in the Americas and hope to be in a position to extend our offer to the rest of the world in due course,” said Simon Scoot, vice president, Global Brand Management, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. “It’s incredibly important that we retain and grow the loyalty of our guests and reward them as best we can.”

For further information about the new InterContinental Hotels earnings, contact the Priority Club Service Center at 1-888-211-9874 or [email protected].

*Excludes InterContinental Alliance Resorts: Venetian, Palazzo and Montelucia

+Hotel charges not eligible include: No Shows, Gift certificates, Health Club/Spa fees, Ticket sales, Internet Access, Audio Visual, Flowers, postage, etc.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
VERY INTERESTING.

Good news to those who in the past have had to hotel hop at IC's for the pts. Now you can just stay and still get your QN for RA.

Bad news to cheaper IC's.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Can you please explain why not the rest of the world? I, for one, typically spend 70+ nights a year in IC's in Asia Pacific and feel highly disadvantaged, to the point where I have to consider the ongoing value of being an RA. This in addition to awards points changes from 18 January, which don't seem restricted to one region.

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to confirm that Priority Club will be rolling out a new points-earning structure for InterContinental Hotels & Resorts starting February 15th.
These updates will be applicable to InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean for the time being.

Carolyn
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olegator
There is no such a thing as "A" bonus - its platinum\gold bonus - and there is no reason for not to keeping it.
But it's not a "2000 point bonus" then, is it? It's simply proportional to the base points you earn. While the base points were flat, the bonus was flat. Now that the base points will per dollar, won't the status bonus points also be per dollar?

So it will be kept in the sense that it will be the same percentage of what you earn, it won't be kept in the sense of not working the same (as flat bonus points).
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As others have said, why a specific rule for parts of the world. Just makes things more complex. The IT guys must love this change having to build a separate logic for stay postings depending on location of the IC property. I'll just continue to have my room rate for the IC stay in Asia or Europe and then take the money I would pay for incidentals at the hotel outside to restaurants, dry cleaners, spas, etc. Smart move and so well thought through.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tycosiao
They are hearing us but slowly.
Very well said.

They certainly refused to change the earning structure, even when the private forum raised the issue over and over.....
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:28 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
“Priority Club members who stay at InterContinental properties between now and February 15 will begin to experience this richer earning policy as we operationally ramp up the program over the next 30 days,” said Berg. Starting Feb. 15, all members can expect to earn at the new rate.
Does this mean that between now and Feb 15 it will be random whether you get 2000 points or US$x10 points? I'm sure that will piss off some people, while others will be delighted...

HTB.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Of all my stays at IHG-group hotels, more than 95% of my nights are at IC hotels so I do welcome the change; but at the same time feel a little bit mucked up...why on earth is this not implemented on a global scale and affects all IC hotels worldwide? Come on, the most expensive hotels are outside the US. Why should I be treated differently when staying at the more expensive IC HKG compared to The Barclay?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Of all my stays at IHG-group hotels, more than 95% of my nights are at IC hotels so I do welcome the change; but at the same time feel a little bit mucked up...why on earth is this not implemented on a global scale and affects all IC hotels worldwide? Come on, the most expensive hotels are outside the US. Why should I be treated differently when staying at the more expensive IC HKG compared to The Barclay?
Knowing the IT glitches it may be that they are rolling it out in the UD first, in a single market, where there is not the currency conversion issue.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Knowing the IT glitches it may be that they are rolling it out in the UD first, in a single market, where there is not the currency conversion issue.
It could also be that they want to make sure all the bugs are worked out before rolling it out worldwide. Probably easiest to work with the NA properties to do this.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by andrewwm
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
It could also be that they want to make sure all the bugs are worked out before rolling it out worldwide. Probably easiest to work with the NA properties to do this.
Despite all these assumed precautions, PC being PC, glitches will still occur. 😄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.