Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C: 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Hello
I've just noticed changes in the PC T&C:

11.Points for Stays. ....

-InterContinental Hotels & Resorts outside of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean plus all InterContinental Alliance Resorts worldwide, you will receive 2,000 points per Qualifying Stay or the applicable airline miles, which may vary by participating airline;

-Effective 2012 February 15, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean plus all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express hotel brands worldwide, you will receive ten (10) points for each USD dollar or local currency equivalent paid toward Eligible Charges on your individual hotel room bill, when you pay Qualifying Room Rates, or the applicable airline miles;

Last edited by ehud; Jan 12, 2012 at 5:45 am
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ehud
Hello

-InterContinental Hotels & Resorts outside of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean plus all InterContinental Alliance Resorts worldwide, you will receive 2,000 points per Qualifying Stay or the applicable airline miles, which may vary by participating airline;

-Effective 2012 February 15, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean plus all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express hotel brands worldwide, you will receive ten (10) points for each USD dollar or local currency equivalent paid toward Eligible Charges on your individual hotel room bill, when you pay Qualifying Room Rates, or the applicable airline miles;
Grrrr... Why not Europe and Asia? Grrrr... (Sorry... :-))

Xxx
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by ehud
Hello

So the Venetian, Palazzo will still be 2,000 pts per stay?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Whilst a welcome development, it seems insane to only implement this in part of the world. It can only lead to ill will amongst people who do not fully understand the rules.

I wonder if this was partly driven by Ritz-Carlton joining Marriott Rewards (and also launching R-C Rewards)? I must admit that getting 30,000 Marriott points for a week at an R-C in 2010 was a major improvement on what I got for a week at Berchtesgaden last year!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KathinJax
So the Venetian, Palazzo will still be 2,000 pts per stay?
Plus the one in Arizona?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Yes - forgot that one
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'm sure some will love this change. I normally do 1-2 day stays, where as an RA, I get 4k, plus the ambassador accelerator. So I'd probably lose out as my stays are in the $100-150 per night range. If they keep the 1k Amb and 1k RA bonuses, it might work out ok.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Kimpton Inner Circle, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm sure some will love this change.
^
I have two or three multi-day stays coming up and with the double points promo plus this change I'm now considering changing the one points stay to a paid stay ... hmm.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
They are hearing us but slowly.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:00 am

I'll stick with 2,000 points for my 35EUR nights in Warsaw, thanks

Seriously, come on IHG - make this a global thing. I've never understood why the ability to gets points for more than one room at a time also only applies to North America as well...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ag51

Seriously, come on IHG - make this a global thing. I've never understood why the ability to gets points for more than one room at a time also only applies to North America as well...
I know. Just completed a 2-4-1 stay there for a total of about 100 USD; which would have netted me 1500 points less (1K less points plus the 50% Platinum bonus) under the new scheme for N. America hotels. However, I have always gotten points for a second room in Europe. But the 50% bonus (as well as any promo bonus) was never applied to them.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ag51
Actually you should get 4k as an RA. Add in the Amb accelerator, and it bumps up to 5.3k for one night stays.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm sure some will love this change. I normally do 1-2 day stays, where as an RA, I get 4k, plus the ambassador accelerator. So I'd probably lose out as my stays are in the $100-150 per night range. If they keep the 1k Amb and 1k RA bonuses, it might work out ok.
Exactly. It is interesting to see what happens to the AMB and RA bonuses.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
There is no such a thing as "A" bonus - its platinum\gold bonus - and there is no reason for not to keeping it.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:24 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Raffles
Whilst a welcome development, it seems insane to only implement this in part of the world. It can only lead to ill will amongst people who do not fully understand the rules.

(...)
My opinion as well ... I fear this will lead to problems and questions, why someone got more points for a week long stay at the Barclay but onle 2k points for a more expensive IC in Europe or Asia and will cause more frustration and annoyance. Splitting the earning structure into two different ways for the same brand depending on location and subsidary (IC alliance) is not really a good decision.

Call me naive, but maybe they will change the earning scheme for the rest later in the year ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.