Search

Reward Nights are Changing from 18 January 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:33 pm

Never mind. Found my answer.

Last edited by mareh; Mar 16, 2012 at 3:10 pm
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
I also have a good experience to report. I recently made a points & cash reservation online for four nights at a Staybridge Suites; each night 15,000 points + $60 (totaling the equivalent of 25,000 points per night). It used to be 20,000 points per night (or points & cash equivalent).

Phoned the number on the back of my PC membership card; turned out they had to transfer me to Priority Club (different number), but once I got the helpful agent there, she refunded the extra 20,000 points (5,000 per night) back to my account within a few minutes, with no need for explanations or argument.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:34 am

Successful redemption

deleted

Last edited by mlhall; Mar 17, 2012 at 11:54 am Reason: maths error
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:00 pm
soy

Programs: various
Best way is to book online and then call up to ask for a refund. Has worked 3 times for me.
Calling to book at the 'old' rate leads to the 'one time exception' speech.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Only 24 hours to go now for booking the old rewards rates.

I just called in now and was pleasantly surprised to speak to someone on the phone who sounded like they were from somewhere in the USA/Canada.

What a pleasant experience compared to my nightmare last call a month. This individual was very professional, friendly and polite on the phone and booked my reservation at the old rewards rate in a matter of minutes.

When I was transferred to the survey it said it was for the Intercontinental Hotels Group. Was I possibly somehow routed to the ambassador line? I called the regular Priority Club number 1-888-211-9874.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turbov6
Only 24 hours to go now for booking the old rewards rates.

I just called in now and was pleasantly surprised to speak to someone on the phone who sounded like they were from somewhere in the USA/Canada.

What a pleasant experience compared to my nightmare last call a month. This individual was very professional, friendly and polite on the phone and booked my reservation at the old rewards rate in a matter of minutes.

When I was transferred to the survey it said it was for the Intercontinental Hotels Group. Was I possibly somehow routed to the ambassador line? I called the regular Priority Club number 1-888-211-9874.
It sounds like you reached Reservations (many of those agents are in the US). I'm surprised they were able to book you at the old rate.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josmon10
It worked like a charm, thanks for the tip!
And use google call feature as backup. All US #'s free.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
...When I was transferred to the survey it said it was for the Intercontinental Hotels Group. Was I possibly somehow routed to the ambassador line? I called the regular Priority Club number 1-888-211-9874.
The hotel chain is Intercontinental Hotels Group.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Was I possibly somehow routed to the ambassador line?
The Ambassador service center is in the Philippines.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How much was IC Istanbul before the raise?

Originally Posted by ariell
funny.. all my favorite destination go up with points in all brands, like: Warsaw, Lisbon, Istanbul, Paris, Bkk and so on..
25% up its just crazy,nothink more.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by navatwal
Check this thread to see if it changed
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
Probably irrelevant now as the grace period for points credit is over.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Enigma
Probably irrelevant now as the grace period for points credit is over.
it depends from agent to agent....i just made a reservation change today & got the old rate....
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by Keyser
it depends from agent to agent....i just made a reservation change today & got the old rate....
Just tried to make a fresh reservation and nope, I am not allowed to make a redemption at the old rate.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Just tried to make a fresh reservation and nope, I am not allowed to make a redemption at the old rate.
i made a date change at the same property so perhaps that is the reason i was allowed to change at the old rate....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.