Reward Nights are Changing from 18 January 2012

Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
someone reported this happening earlier in the thread
found it
thanks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
It's the rule exactly for cash & points reservations:

Priority Club Rewards "Points & Cash" is an option for obtaining a Reward Night. You may choose to redeem Priority Club points for a Reward Night in three ways: using your existing points for all required points for the desired Reward Night; using your existing points and 5,000 points purchased for US $40 to total the required points; or using your existing points and 10,000 points purchased for US $60 to total the required points. The total purchase on any single day may not exceed $240 US.
http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...ber-terms.html
Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down web page which documented booking with old points value no longer mentions it!!!

Uh-oh. This page:

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...e/rewardnights

which used to be where the booking procedure (good through March 18) for using the old points value was documented, has had everything about using the old points value removed!

So we can no longer claim there's no "one-time exception" noted on the web page, or even claim there's a way to book points at the old point value documented on the web page (in case a CS agent claims there isn't)!

Does anyone have a snapshot of the previous version of this page they can post at least?

(I'm not sure exactly when it disappeared, but I think it was at least several days ago, when I restarted my browser, which had that page in one of its always-open tabs. I just didn't look at that tab until just now.)

When's the last time someone did a successful booking at the old rate? (I'm trying to determine whether the offer has been pulled, or only the documentation of the offer.)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Uh-oh. This page:

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...e/rewardnights

which used to be where the booking procedure (good through March 18) for using the old points value was documented, has had everything about using the old points value removed!

So we can no longer claim there's no "one-time exception" noted on the web page, or even claim there's a way to book points at the old point value documented on the web page (in case a CS agent claims there isn't)!

Does anyone have a snapshot of the previous version of this page they can post at least?

(I'm not sure exactly when it disappeared, but I think it was at least several days ago, when I restarted my browser, which had that page in one of its always-open tabs. I just didn't look at that tab until just now.)

When's the last time someone did a successful booking at the old rate? (I'm trying to determine whether the offer has been pulled, or only the documentation of the offer.)
They must just not want people to know that it is still in fact working.

Just made a reservation for a Holiday Inn hotel that had went up by 5K. After making the reservation just called the customer service and they deposited the 5K goodwill points.

Last edited by holtju2; Feb 16, 2012 at 3:43 pm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:43 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by holtju2
They must just not want people to know that it is still in fact working.

Just made a reservation for a Holiday Inn hotel that had went up by 5K. After making the reservation just called the customer service and they deposited the 5K goodwill points.
I hope so! I just had a trip come up to NYC in mid-April and I will now need to book some reward night stays at either the Indigo Chelsea or Crowne Plaza Times Square. Is it possible to book these at Cash+points reward stays and receive the goodwill points? I couldn't find any specific information on a quick scan of the thread.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Is it possible to book these at Cash+points reward stays and receive the goodwill points? I couldn't find any specific information on a quick scan of the thread.
Wasn't there mention that someone had done just that?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:38 pm

Hi,
Can anyone let me know if the CP NYC was at 25k so possibily 15k+60$ before tha change?
Also was there any holiday inn for 15k except the midtown 31rst?

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Originally Posted by tpeflyer
Many thanks to turbov6 and soitgoes. Here is the script that got me some goodwill points:

1. Call 888-211-9874
2. When the menu starts say "speak to an agent"
3. When it asks to confirm, say "speak to an agent"
4. It asks for your club number and pin or you can say "I don't know".
5. When the rep picks up say, "I was trying to book rooms at ... and I saw that the number of points required went up in January. I understand there is a 2 month window when it is still possible to book at the old rate. Can you help me with that?"
6. The rep asked me how many points the property used to cost. I indicated the number.
7. The rep then offered to give me goodwill points for the difference.

Due to my lack of experience I rushed to book with cash+points and the cash part is nonrefundable, but at least I have the extra points which I'll definitely use. The points balance hasn't updated yet but I see the goodwill points transaction.

Thanks!

I called Priority Club to redeem 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Paris St Germain Des Pres for a trip on May following all the steps you mentioned...First, the agent played dumb saying she didn't know anything about "increase in the cost of points" or "old rates". I hang up, called again after five minutes, and the new agent was very quick booking everything. The new rate is 25000 points and the old one was 15000 points.....I basically saved 30K points with this call. They got credited immediately into my account! Thank you for all your help!

Originally Posted by turbov6
Called in today to see if I could book two separate weekends at the same hotel and at the old rate.

Booked the first weekend no problem at the old rate and was told it was a one time exception.

Asked to book the second weekend at the same hotel on the same phone call and was told this is not possible since I had already been given a one time exception for this hotel at the old rate.

Ended the call and called back later thinking it would be easier than trying to escalate. I was wrong. Once again I was told I already had an exception made and they wouldn't allow me to book the second weekend.

I asked to escalate and talk to a supervisor at this point, back on hold another 15 minutes. And finally was allowed to book the second weekend at the old rate.

I can see what they are doing. They're trying to make it as difficult and as time consuming as possible. Especially with the 5-15 minute holds and multiple calls necessary. No doubt they are trying to frustrate people so they give up.

All in it was 40-45 minutes of phone time to make 2 reservations I could have made online in less than 2 minutes.
I will need to try this later on, but agreed, they mentioned the One time exception to me too, but I won't let 40 minutes in the phone let them overcharge me for my stay....This is ridiculous!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:18 pm

Angry Cache of the website indicating 2 month period grace

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I had made a reservation at the old rate last week.

Today I called in to make a few more reservations at the old rate.

First, before asking me any specifics about the reservations (just after hearing that I wanted to make some at the old rate), they put me on hold (checking my account), and came back and said I'd already done that (and told me the date I'd already done), and that it's one-time only. I explained that I understood the "one-time" aspect is not true, that it was not documented on their website, and that I want to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor asked me explcitly whether the first time I'd made the reservation at the old rate (ie, last week) I'd been told about it being a "one-time exception", and I (truthfully) said no. (The only reason I knew about it possibly being a "one-time exception" was from this thread, but I didn't mention that.) After I argued that the website doesn't say anything of the sort and read the whole section of the website to them, the supervisor agreed to allow me one "last" one-time exception, and alllowed me to make multiple reservations as long as I made them all during that call.

At that point, I decided to make one more reservation than I had originally planned when calling in (fearing that I might not be able to do this ever again). But the count of reservations was not an issue: he just kept asking me for new dates until I was done.

(FYI: I am based in the US, in case that makes any difference about call centers.)

After I hung up, I signed out and signed back in to my account, and now have the correct reservations, the correct total points (ie, the 10k refunds posted and both they and the -25k for the reservations themselves are up to date in the total).

Btw, this supervisor also told me my new points total at the end of the call (without my asking).

Bottom line: If you haven't yet been told personally by Priority Club that there's a one-time exception before, you may be able to use that to your benefit right now. But I smell/fear a possibliity that they might update the website any time now to document the one-time exception they so want to enforce, and once that happens they'll point you at the website. I suggest you thus immediately print out the current version of the website (the US link is my post right above) and be ready to produce that if needed (after the website gets changed, if it does get changed).
this is so much BS.....they already change it...but here's a cache of the website on Feb 13 (hopefully it works!)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

If someone can tell me how to upload a snapshot here I'll do it in a moment, but basically this is what it says:

The Reward Night chart above is effective January 18, 2012. If the hotel that you originally planned to book now requires more points, simply call the to reserve your Reward Night and ask for the original point price. This offer is valid through March 18, 2012

Last edited by alecheverry; Feb 17, 2012 at 4:22 pm Reason: Add more info
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
Originally Posted by alecheverry
If someone can tell me how to upload a snapshot here I'll do it in a moment, but basically this is what it says:
Here you go:

Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psgfan12
Hi,
Can anyone let me know if the CP NYC was at 25k so possibily 15k+60$ before tha change?p
ALL Crowne Plazas were 25K. Points and Cash is ALWAYS available.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
Isn't it funny how Starwood has balls to publish their list of properties moving up/down on FT as a PDF?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...es-2012-a.html
and so did hyatt last year one month in advance
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-9-1-11-a.html
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by challett
Here you go:

ThAnk you so much, this is what someof us Might need when calling....and thereis no mention of "goodwill points" being credited only once!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:29 pm

Someone mentioned here that when it comes to booking a night with points+cash on the old rate they needed the managers approval and a call back? can anyone confirm it works? could you do it directly?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, you can always book another hotel points+cash, cancel and with the new points added, call to book what you need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.