Reward Nights are Changing from 18 January 2012

Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:07 am
  #451  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Scotland
Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 574
I just called to arrange 2 nights in a CP which has gone up from 25k to 35k.

The Agent was very helpful and the 20,000 'Goodwill' Points appeared instantly in my account activity, although they still haven't appeared on my account total.

He said I could hang on until they hit the total or I could make the booking online myself so technically I just got 20,000 Points for nothing
Bloobell is offline  
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:25 pm
  #452  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On strike
Posts: 8,134
Grace period ends on March 18

A reminder that the old rates (available as noted above) go away when the 60-day grace period ends on March 18.

I'd forgotten about this, and booked an upcoming 1-night stay at the SBS Times Square online for 25K. After realizing my mistake, I called PC; CSR understood immediately & it took less than 2 mins for him to issue a 5K goodwill credit.
beltway is offline  
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:45 pm
  #453  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Posts: 3,822
it seems to be standard practice in these loyalty programs to continuinous reduce benefits..

This reduction will only ride bookings to others. and as a long standing Plat member with a ton of points, I will lead the charge to the exists of PC.
100,000miler is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:55 pm
  #454  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 135
Does anybody know how it works if you cancel a goodwill reservation? Do you get the old oints ? And is it possible to make two reservations with the old rate
Kathabene is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:59 pm
  #455  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,947
Originally Posted by Kathabene
Does anybody know how it works if you cancel a goodwill reservation?
People earlier in this thread reported getting their goodwill points removed after they cancelled a reservation that had generated goowill points (though the removal did not happen instantly).

(Just in case you're not clear on how this "old points" reservation process works. Your reservation is made at the new, higher, rate, and simultaneously "goodwill points" are issued for the difference between the new rate and the old rate. It's thus these "goodwill points" which are, eventually, removed from your account if you cancel a reservation that generated those "goodwill points".)

Originally Posted by Kathabene
And is it possible to make two reservations with the old rate
Two reservations at the old rate on your first phone call: Definitely yes, especially if you mention that right away. I called up saying I wanted to make several reservations (I had 3 in mind), and when they told me all that stuff about "one time only", they let me go ahead, and in fact I ended up making 4 reservations on that call.

On multiple calls, you take your chances. If they tell you "one time only exception" on your first call, they may or may not ever allow you to do a second call. If they don't happen to tell you "one time only exception" on your first call, if they bother you about that on your second call, you can tell them no one told you about that on your first call.

At any rate, since there are only about 6 days left (you have to book by March 18 to be able to book at the old rate), I'd say try to figure out what you want all at once so you can do both reservations on the same call.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:58 pm
  #456  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 94
When I called in to make a reward reservation no one knew about my options. So I asked for a supervisor and finally they made a "one time exception" ...
Marevna is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:53 pm
  #457  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 94
Exclamation Goodwill Points being not calculated into Account Total

I experienced almost the same. Since more than a week my total account balance did not update and does still not include those Goodwill Points even though they are standing in my account history.


Originally Posted by Bloobell
I just called to arrange 2 nights in a CP which has gone up from 25k to 35k.

The Agent was very helpful and the 20,000 'Goodwill' Points appeared instantly in my account activity, although they still haven't appeared on my account total.

He said I could hang on until they hit the total or I could make the booking online myself so technically I just got 20,000 Points for nothing
Marevna is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:12 pm
  #458  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BCN
Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Posts: 928
Originally Posted by beltway
A reminder that the old rates (available as noted above) go away when the 60-day grace period ends on March 18.
For this very reason I booked 6 nights at a HIX in France for our August holidays last week. I called the Spanish free toll number, but they said they couldn't handle it, and that I should send an e-mail to priorityclubemea@. So I did, but no reply as yet. Right now I'm on a business trip and I'll be back just before the deadline, so I guess I'll have to call the UK number. They really make it difficult! But it's 30k points I'm talking about, so I guess i have no better option...
josmon10 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:32 pm
  #459  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Posts: 33,601
Originally Posted by josmon10
For this very reason I booked 6 nights at a HIX in France for our August holidays last week. I called the Spanish free toll number, but they said they couldn't handle it, and that I should send an e-mail to priorityclubemea@. So I did, but no reply as yet. Right now I'm on a business trip and I'll be back just before the deadline, so I guess I'll have to call the UK number. They really make it difficult! But it's 30k points I'm talking about, so I guess i have no better option...
Call the US toll free number with Skype. It's free.
Jaimito Cartero is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:51 pm
  #460  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHL
Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Posts: 389
Spain

Is there a list of properties that went up for point redemption? Specifically I am looking to book hotels in Madrid and Barcelona and wondering if anyone knows which properties have increased their rates for free night.
Kpoxa is offline  
Old Mar 14, 2012, 3:11 pm
  #461  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,947
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Is there a list of properties that went up for point redemption?
No. There are just lists of overseas old redemption rates, in separate threads by brand. This is the HI/HIX thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...11-2012-a.html
sdsearch is offline  
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:40 am
  #462  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BCN
Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Posts: 928
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Call the US toll free number with Skype. It's free.
It worked like a charm, thanks for the tip!
josmon10 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:59 am
  #463  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: OKA
Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 467
Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone who worked to alert the FT community about the devaluation in the program and the 2-month grace period. I managed to book the CP London-City for 5 nights this summer -- saved me 50,000 points, or an entire night's stay at the new top IC rate.

I did notice that the 50,000 "goodwill" points added to my account count towards maintaining platinum status. Wonder if they'll stay that way or if my points-towards-status counter will be re-adjusted backwards.

-z
zski1 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:05 am
  #464  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: bay area, ca
Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,842
Originally Posted by zski1
Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone who worked to alert the FT community about the devaluation in the program and the 2-month grace period. I managed to book the CP London-City for 5 nights this summer -- saved me 50,000 points, or an entire night's stay at the new top IC rate.

I did notice that the 50,000 "goodwill" points added to my account count towards maintaining platinum status. Wonder if they'll stay that way or if my points-towards-status counter will be re-adjusted backwards.

-z
Considering it's so easy to get/maintain plat, they probably don't care.
TheBeerHunter is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:58 am
  #465  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Posts: 33,601
Originally Posted by zski1
I did notice that the 50,000 "goodwill" points added to my account count towards maintaining platinum status. Wonder if they'll stay that way or if my points-towards-status counter will be re-adjusted backwards.
The 50k will stay. Only 10k more for Plat!
Jaimito Cartero is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.