Reward Nights are Changing from 18 January 2012

Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I just called to arrange 2 nights in a CP which has gone up from 25k to 35k.

The Agent was very helpful and the 20,000 'Goodwill' Points appeared instantly in my account activity, although they still haven't appeared on my account total.

He said I could hang on until they hit the total or I could make the booking online myself so technically I just got 20,000 Points for nothing
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:25 pm

Grace period ends on March 18

A reminder that the old rates (available as noted above) go away when the 60-day grace period ends on March 18.

I'd forgotten about this, and booked an upcoming 1-night stay at the SBS Times Square online for 25K. After realizing my mistake, I called PC; CSR understood immediately & it took less than 2 mins for him to issue a 5K goodwill credit.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:45 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
it seems to be standard practice in these loyalty programs to continuinous reduce benefits..

This reduction will only ride bookings to others. and as a long standing Plat member with a ton of points, I will lead the charge to the exists of PC.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
Does anybody know how it works if you cancel a goodwill reservation? Do you get the old oints ? And is it possible to make two reservations with the old rate
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kathabene
Does anybody know how it works if you cancel a goodwill reservation?
People earlier in this thread reported getting their goodwill points removed after they cancelled a reservation that had generated goowill points (though the removal did not happen instantly).

(Just in case you're not clear on how this "old points" reservation process works. Your reservation is made at the new, higher, rate, and simultaneously "goodwill points" are issued for the difference between the new rate and the old rate. It's thus these "goodwill points" which are, eventually, removed from your account if you cancel a reservation that generated those "goodwill points".)

Originally Posted by Kathabene
And is it possible to make two reservations with the old rate
Two reservations at the old rate on your first phone call: Definitely yes, especially if you mention that right away. I called up saying I wanted to make several reservations (I had 3 in mind), and when they told me all that stuff about "one time only", they let me go ahead, and in fact I ended up making 4 reservations on that call.

On multiple calls, you take your chances. If they tell you "one time only exception" on your first call, they may or may not ever allow you to do a second call. If they don't happen to tell you "one time only exception" on your first call, if they bother you about that on your second call, you can tell them no one told you about that on your first call.

At any rate, since there are only about 6 days left (you have to book by March 18 to be able to book at the old rate), I'd say try to figure out what you want all at once so you can do both reservations on the same call.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:58 pm

When I called in to make a reward reservation no one knew about my options. So I asked for a supervisor and finally they made a "one time exception" ...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:53 pm

Exclamation Goodwill Points being not calculated into Account Total

I experienced almost the same. Since more than a week my total account balance did not update and does still not include those Goodwill Points even though they are standing in my account history.

Originally Posted by Bloobell
I just called to arrange 2 nights in a CP which has gone up from 25k to 35k.

The Agent was very helpful and the 20,000 'Goodwill' Points appeared instantly in my account activity, although they still haven't appeared on my account total.

He said I could hang on until they hit the total or I could make the booking online myself so technically I just got 20,000 Points for nothing
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by beltway
A reminder that the old rates (available as noted above) go away when the 60-day grace period ends on March 18.
For this very reason I booked 6 nights at a HIX in France for our August holidays last week. I called the Spanish free toll number, but they said they couldn't handle it, and that I should send an e-mail to priorityclubemea@. So I did, but no reply as yet. Right now I'm on a business trip and I'll be back just before the deadline, so I guess I'll have to call the UK number. They really make it difficult! But it's 30k points I'm talking about, so I guess i have no better option...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by josmon10
For this very reason I booked 6 nights at a HIX in France for our August holidays last week. I called the Spanish free toll number, but they said they couldn't handle it, and that I should send an e-mail to priorityclubemea@. So I did, but no reply as yet. Right now I'm on a business trip and I'll be back just before the deadline, so I guess I'll have to call the UK number. They really make it difficult! But it's 30k points I'm talking about, so I guess i have no better option...
Call the US toll free number with Skype. It's free.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Spain

Is there a list of properties that went up for point redemption? Specifically I am looking to book hotels in Madrid and Barcelona and wondering if anyone knows which properties have increased their rates for free night.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Is there a list of properties that went up for point redemption?
No. There are just lists of overseas old redemption rates, in separate threads by brand. This is the HI/HIX thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...11-2012-a.html
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Call the US toll free number with Skype. It's free.
It worked like a charm, thanks for the tip!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone who worked to alert the FT community about the devaluation in the program and the 2-month grace period. I managed to book the CP London-City for 5 nights this summer -- saved me 50,000 points, or an entire night's stay at the new top IC rate.

I did notice that the 50,000 "goodwill" points added to my account count towards maintaining platinum status. Wonder if they'll stay that way or if my points-towards-status counter will be re-adjusted backwards.

-z
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zski1
Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone who worked to alert the FT community about the devaluation in the program and the 2-month grace period. I managed to book the CP London-City for 5 nights this summer -- saved me 50,000 points, or an entire night's stay at the new top IC rate.

I did notice that the 50,000 "goodwill" points added to my account count towards maintaining platinum status. Wonder if they'll stay that way or if my points-towards-status counter will be re-adjusted backwards.

-z
Considering it's so easy to get/maintain plat, they probably don't care.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by zski1
The 50k will stay. Only 10k more for Plat!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.