Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I submitted a total of 3claim forms at 2 different properties, comparing their best flex rates where the AP rates are present, all get approved=)

However, it seems that I need to wait for the hotel to make the changes on my itenary...Well, before that happens, I know it's not free yet...

Regards.
Do the terms match 100% (like same cancellation deadline)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:55 am

To my surprise, nope. I was just trying after seeing the post about comparing best flex rate although there are AP rate available. Got the approval emails but still waiting for hotel confirmation.

Originally Posted by nacho
Do the terms match 100% (like same cancellation deadline)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:31 am

Is it necessary that the competition website show the price without and with tax? They show just the price including tax which is $5 lower than the IHG rate with tax.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
To my surprise, nope. I was just trying after seeing the post about comparing best flex rate although there are AP rate available. Got the approval emails but still waiting for hotel confirmation.
I got rate adjusted from a couple of days to after I checked out. Yes I got the email, 'due to technical difficulty your stay will be reimbursed.....' the day I checked out of the hotel - of course I paid in advance.

It was about 5 weeks ago and no reimbursement

Another question, does the comparison site offers AP rate or only Flex rate?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:38 am

Hi, 12 hours passed since I got the approval email, but still haven't received any email regarding the rate change of my itenary...

Bothe AP and Best Flex Rates are available on both IHG.com and the third party websites=)

Regards.

Originally Posted by nacho
I got rate adjusted from a couple of days to after I checked out. Yes I got the email, 'due to technical difficulty your stay will be reimbursed.....' the day I checked out of the hotel - of course I paid in advance.

It was about 5 weeks ago and no reimbursement

Another question, does the comparison site offers AP rate or only Flex rate?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:27 am

Hi, guys, I have one questions, if I'm travelling with my girlfriend, her mum and her mum's cousin, can we claim for 2 free rooms for the same date at the same hotel? I would use my account to claim for 1, then her mum's cousin's account to claim for another, is that against the rule?

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Hi, 12 hours passed since I got the approval email, but still haven't received any email regarding the rate change of my itenary...

Bothe AP and Best Flex Rates are available on both IHG.com and the third party websites=)

Regards.
if claim if aproved u need to wait copule of days to see your reservation at ihg.com to be modified
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Hi, guys, I have one questions, if I'm travelling with my girlfriend, her mum and her mum's cousin, can we claim for 2 free rooms for the same date at the same hotel? I would use my account to claim for 1, then her mum's cousin's account to claim for another, is that against the rule?

Thanks.
No problem.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:48 am

online form or phone

What works best? Online form for BRG or calling them directly?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Achilles
IMO always call, as you get reply straight away, and its easier to change BF rates to AP.

Last edited by travelkid; Dec 6, 2012 at 10:19 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Personally, I always phone the BRG dept. You get knowledge much quicker if they are going to accept, and shouild for some reason they decline, then you have a chance to try again before the 24hrs expire. Also, there is less chance of your competiting site changing the rate between you sending the email, and someone deciding to look at it.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:40 am

I claimed 3nights successfully via online form=) Got the response within one hour...

Originally Posted by Achilles
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:07 pm

How do you get them to do that?

I have called three times..and each time they would not lot me change AP to BF rates.

Is there a US BRG desk? I seem to always get the one based in the Philippines The agents there are good, but aren't helpful in this case.

Originally Posted by travelkid
IMO always call, as you get reply straight away, and its easier to change BF rates to AP.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
How do you get them to do that?

I have called three times..and each time they would not lot me change AP to BF rates.

Is there a US BRG desk? I seem to always get the one based in the Philippines The agents there are good, but aren't helpful in this case.
I believe they all are in the Phils. Several agents have suggested switching the rate, and if not I ask. Sometimes its accpeted immediately/after a brief hold, one other time she said she would have to do the verification again and put me on hold for another 15 minutes.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:02 am
yus

Originally Posted by yus
Very smooth processing this time:
Submitted claim for one night, got request to send second person name, replied with the name. I got the claim approved for 1 free night and got email confirmation from the hotel in less then an hour after my reply. Total time from submission to resolution 2 hours.
I am really impressed with the service.^^^
My post was premature, today they denied the claim.
"Please accept our apologies, but upon further verification, we have found your claim invalid. Listed below are the reasons invalidating your claim."
They are really looking to deny it even after accepting it.
Great Service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.