Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 1:04 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Has anyone experience of the 3 bedroom Napa villa (now called the presidential villa)?

I have a stay booked in July. I know it is up high in the resort rather than by the beach which is a shame but could not find much about it online or any trip reports.

Also any recent experiences of club intercontinental would be great to hear.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dewby
Has anyone experience of the 3 bedroom Napa villa (now called the presidential villa)?

I have a stay booked in July. I know it is up high in the resort rather than by the beach which is a shame but could not find much about it online or any trip reports.

Also any recent experiences of club intercontinental would be great to hear.
We staid at this IC a few weeks ago. Club area is in the main building with very good views, however no aircon. Afternoon tea the classic British way, evening cocktails with a buffet. All very nice. Staff is young and tries hard, however lacks experience. They have staff issues due to the remote location of the resort. We were upgraded from the booked suite to an ocean pool villa. All in all a very good stay.
Old May 2, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
July

Booked a 2 bedroom for us and the kids in July. The place looks nice? Very nice in photos. And reviews generally positive. But I don’t know much else.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Lacking the polish of a true IC

Checked in yesterday into the presidential 3 bed pool villa.

Check in process was dreadful. Despite booking on the IC app no record of my status so zero benefits. Was not afforded amenity points or offered diamond breakfast amenity. The whole process was bad. No welcome
drink or cold towels which eventually after 30 mins arrived. I did not arrive early at the hotel (1430)

The napa villa is near the spa area. Jesus. Looks like Chernobyl. Derelict buildings totally abandoned and in plain sight everywhere. Not appealing at all. Rotten wood hand rails and a lot of house keeping problems.

The property, in areas is in desperate need of a refurb.

The resort lacks investment that is clear and feels like 3 different hotels. (The lobby area spectacular) the refurbished part (looks better) The old part (Dreadful)

On the room-

The pool is huge in the napa villa. Crazy big. A proper sized pool. At least 15 m long and 5 or so wide. It’s actually the same size as the other public pools. A great feature. It’s almost the size of the main hotel pool.

The 3 bed villa is tastefully furnished but again needs some TLC. They have replaced the flooring in the living area with vinyl. .... Who would do that. Mahogany versus plastic. Wow.

The villa is huge though and the 300sqm is about right. Each bedroom
has a shower and toilet.

air-con is good and very powerful which keeps the large living areas cool.

in summary, the villa is super nice baring a few issues but the surrounding area is literally like a deserted village. No idea why the hotel has not addressed this.

The club area is nice and they offer a great spread. Quality drinks and the canapés are well served. Not amazing but good.

Breakfast is somewhat underwhelming. Ok but again nothing special. I asked for a mango this morning to be told not possible. 20 mins later one arrived. Weird.

The views are to die for. The pictures don’t do it justice. Incredible.

final thoughts.

The hotel is missing some club intercontinental touch’s for it to be great. It’s very scruffy in places and some simple maintenance would resolve these issues yet the hotel does not do it.

The 3 bed villa is amazing especially the pool but the surrounding areas take the shine off it which is a great shame.

Looks unsafe

Old derelict buildings next to the presidential villa

Nice lobby pool

Huge private pool

Old Oct 30, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by JBauer
Booked a 2 bedroom for us and the kids in July. The place looks nice? Very nice in photos. And reviews generally positive. But I don’t know much else.
Considering booking the same villa. How was your stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.