Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
I used my Virgin Atlantic points to make a booking through Kaligo. Paid 20K VA points per night.

I had no idea about this.
No idea how much VA points are worth anymore but I suspect more than IHG points if you have them and maybe even more than cost of the room ($425 per night). I remember doing 100k VA miles for SFO-LHR which is 5 nights of hotel but the flight would have cost $4K or something.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by olouie
No idea how much VA points are worth anymore but I suspect more than IHG points if you have them and maybe even more than cost of the room ($425 per night). I remember doing 100k VA miles for SFO-LHR which is 5 nights of hotel but the flight would have cost $4K or something.
How much did you pay in taxes ? I was finding it hard to use VA miles without paying huge taxes..
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I have missed a trick here I think, in Oct2015 I rescued 70k orphaned VA miles (mostly HH earned) at 10000miles=10k or 15k points to IHG and HH . VA surcharges are too high although I could do 1way SQ J class Europe-Asia

Maybe I should have looked at VA hol packages first ? Even if just want flight not hotel, only trouble is with included rooms durations are very small but I could have looked at flights with lower cost hotels for longer trips and stayed elsewhere?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:57 am
jtz

Hi all,
I just wanted to know if IC Koh Samui offers private pools as part of their basic rooms, like the conrad koh samui does. If it doesn't what upgraded room will give this?

Also, does anyone know of any IC or IHG properties that offer private pools as their basic room?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
How much did you pay in taxes ? I was finding it hard to use VA miles without paying huge taxes..
Yeah was high on VA around $1000, but I used them to book a DL flight with much lower taxes. Downside was the one stop.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:31 am

I just completed a 5 day stay at the IC Samui. The hotel not only recognized my IHG Platinum status , but also upgraded me despite fully knowing I used a 3rd party to book and they are not required to honor any benefits.
Service has been excellent. One of the best if not the best I have ever experienced so far. Food is excellent. Check-in process is one of the best I have ever had.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jtz
Hi all,
I just wanted to know if IC Koh Samui offers private pools as part of their basic rooms, like the conrad koh samui does.
No. not part of the basic room. Iam not sure if the villas have a private pool though.

Also, does anyone know of any IC or IHG properties that offer private pools as their basic room?

Thanks a lot in advance
Probably , IC Thalasso ?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:12 am

Nice resort but they really neglect the details. Overall a beautiful place but just missing that keen attention to detail I expect in this price range.

Examples:

- checkin: took almost an hour in the blazing hot afternoon. Blamed it on broken AC in room. No offer to change rooms. Assistant manager gave us free tea.
- baggage delivery upon checkin took 45 mins to main building room. Would have just walked it here ourselves in less than 5 minutes.
- room light switches: 3 don't work. Not a huge deal since not main lights but annoying.
- bathroom: rainfall shower over 50% of spouts are clogged, mold in corners.
- outside deck: daybeds are filthy, matches but no mosquito repellent sticks or burners.
- daily service: they didn't replace shampoo, soap etc for 2 out of 4 days until we requested.
- beach: one shower (out of 2) was broken on and off
- excursions: they forgot to pack the sparkling wine on the day trips (in brochure) but sent to room upon request
- buggies: ran out of batteries on way up to lobby. Guests had to get out and helpers came to push it up. Also generally long wait times.

Nothing majorly bad, just not excellent.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:59 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Nice resort but they really neglect the details. Overall a beautiful place but just missing that keen attention to detail I expect in this price range.

Examples:

- checkin: took almost an hour in the blazing hot afternoon. Blamed it on broken AC in room. No offer to change rooms. Assistant manager gave us free tea.
- baggage delivery upon checkin took 45 mins to main building room. Would have just walked it here ourselves in less than 5 minutes.
- room light switches: 3 don't work. Not a huge deal since not main lights but annoying.
- bathroom: rainfall shower over 50% of spouts are clogged, mold in corners.
- outside deck: daybeds are filthy, matches but no mosquito repellent sticks or burners.
- daily service: they didn't replace shampoo, soap etc for 2 out of 4 days until we requested.
- beach: one shower (out of 2) was broken on and off
- excursions: they forgot to pack the sparkling wine on the day trips (in brochure) but sent to room upon request
- buggies: ran out of batteries on way up to lobby. Guests had to get out and helpers came to push it up. Also generally long wait times.

Nothing majorly bad, just not excellent.
Sorry for your regrettable experience. Though, I would have wrote them an email for some sort of points compensation for the amount of different downfalls you've experienced. Its just too much for the premium pricepoint.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Sorry for your regrettable experience. Though, I would have wrote them an email for some sort of points compensation for the amount of different downfalls you've experienced. Its just too much for the premium pricepoint.
It's a points stay so not that bad. Just for a resort that charges $450 a night for this room I think it's not in the truly amazing / excellent level yet.

The Holiday Inn Mai Khao was 1/4 the price and much better kept.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:41 am

Screwed!

I just got back from a four nights stay from 20th to 24th December.

I'm a Platinum Ambassador, got an upgrade to the pool villa which was OK, but if I had to do it over again, I would have stayed with the Deluxe Sea View because the view is really amazing.

What is not good is that I booked two nights (20th and 21st) on the at the IHG members rate, and 22nd and 23rd with a redemption.

Because of this, the two paid nights were posted on my rewards statement as "overlapping" and "non-qualifying stay". ...! The whole reason I paid for those two nights was to re-qualify my Platinum status.

What a crazy policy this is! I guess I did not read the fine print somewhere?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:01 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Jetlaged
I just got back from a four nights stay from 20th to 24th December.

I'm a Platinum Ambassador, got an upgrade to the pool villa which was OK, but if I had to do it over again, I would have stayed with the Deluxe Sea View because the view is really amazing.

What is not good is that I booked two nights (20th and 21st) on the at the IHG members rate, and 22nd and 23rd with a redemption.

Because of this, the two paid nights were posted on my rewards statement as "overlapping" and "non-qualifying stay". ...! The whole reason I paid for those two nights was to re-qualify my Platinum status.

What a crazy policy this is! I guess I did not read the fine print somewhere?
Overlapping stay is a common error when combining different reservations #s in a continuing stay.

Submit a missing points form at your account activity section and they will reinstate any missing points and rightful qualifying nights.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:29 am

Does anyone know how much the upcharge would be for club access ?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:59 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by LeonardvonGrabe
Its quite expensive, maybe look for different references in this thread.

One thing I know is that not every room are entitled to club access. You need to be a certain room category to even do a paid add-on.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by LeonardvonGrabe
It was offered at tbh 4250 per day plus tax with a minimum 3 days on my last stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.