Wiki Posts
Search

Single room rate for double occupancy benefit for AMB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Single room rate for double occupancy benefit for AMB

One of the benefits of Ambassador is single room rate for double occupancy. I'd like to book a stay the IC San Jose (Costa Rica) for two people and I see there is a charge for the second guest. How can I take advantage of this benefit? Should I just book for one and show up with my SO at check-in?
Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:24 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
My experience of this is that on the last page of booking process it will say total with the charge but after you've booked and on your confirmation email, the charge won't be there.

Happened to me on an all inc rate at IC Mauritius. Approx 500 euros 2nd person charge simply disappeared after booking. Wasn't charged at the hotel either.

On some rates at some hotels, it's an excellent benefit.

If in doubt, book the best flexible rate and see what happens then cancel and change to non refundable if that's preferred.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
My experience of this is that on the last page of booking process it will say total with the charge but after you've booked and on your confirmation email, the charge won't be there.

Happened to me on an all inc rate at IC Mauritius. Approx 500 euros 2nd person charge simply disappeared after booking. Wasn't charged at the hotel either.

On some rates at some hotels, it's an excellent benefit.

If in doubt, book the best flexible rate and see what happens then cancel and change to non refundable if that's preferred.
Thanks, it was exactly like this, the second guest charge was showing during the booking process but was removed in the confirmation page/e-mail.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
One of the benefits of Ambassador is single room rate for double occupancy. I'd like to book a stay the IC San Jose (Costa Rica) for two people and I see there is a charge for the second guest. How can I take advantage of this benefit? Should I just book for one and show up with my SO at check-in?
Interesting thread. How common are second guest charges? Honestly, with my travel pattern (mainly large cities in NA, Europe, SE Asia), I never realized that there is a second person charge when booking via IHG.com.
And I checked for a few of my regular hotels and rate seems identical if booking for one or two persons.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I know there is a second guest charge at IC Berlin, I was told to just book a single by reception there so have done that for years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.