Wiki Posts
Search

"Crack the case" Promo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:06 pm
alc
Original Poster

Status for non-survery cases finally update

The status for all my non-survery cases finally got updated. It also show the stay that I check-in on Sun Aug 22 / check-out on Mon Aug 23 counted as well. I thought they will start counting with the Aug 23 check-in. But seem to be same as the Quaterly Promo.

alc
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MMSB01
Just curious how the conversation went? I called this morning and all the CSR would tell me was that I would receive an email with my ID code. I asked if there was any way to get it over the phone and she said that this was not possible. Apparently it is though if some people have received theirs. I was just curious how you approached the topic should I try to call back.
Is there a reason for your urgency? offer gets emailed w/in 48 hrs after asking.

Originally Posted by MMSB01
All the CSR did for me was confirm my email address, and never really confirmed that an offer would in fact be coming.
Why didn't you confirm that an email would be coming?

I just called up and asked for the promo, stated I had read about it on a travel board, CSR stated it would be emailed within 48hrs but then as I was on hold for a bit, CSR came back and gave me my code.

So for this longtime plat who uses his points but keeps 100-200k just in case, I received my crack the case promo.

In order to get 78,000 points, I had to unlatch 5 of 5, first latch was charge $40k+ on my PC credit card, needless to say I stopped reading after that. I like PC, I don't love it.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: US,PC
I received mine but my sis and friend didn't receive. Mailed no reply, called and conversation started on their end with targeted...etc etc... informed them about participation in HH loser's contest by all of us.

Went back and told all three of us shows registered for promo. Have opened a case and will get to know in couple of days what l happen.

L keep posted.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: Not Worthy...
I did in fact ask the CSR to confirm that I would receive an offer and her only response was "You should receive one." At that point I then asked if there was any way she could provide me with the unique ID over the phone and she said that would not be possible and I would have to wait for the offer to come in my Email.

I did not want to be too pushy but thought I would ask what others' experiences were like and then try again with a friendlier CSR. She seemed to be very ambiguous about everything. She did not even give me the "48 hours" information. Just that another batch of emails would be sent out.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Why didn't you confirm that an email would be coming?
Some were told to wait 48 hours and login at https://crackthecase.priorityclub.com/login. No code/email required.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Please be advised, we appreciate your interest but you were not targeted to participate in this campaign.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by PantyWaster
Some were told to wait 48 hours and login at https://crackthecase.priorityclub.com/login. No code/email required.
I believe this is only used if you have already registered. Not for a "no code" registration.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:31 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Finally received mine in the mail. I'm Gold with one 4-night paid stay so far this year.

2,800 - Stay 10 nights
2,200 - Stay at 3 brands
1,700 - Stay 3 Saturdays
60,000 - PC Select Visa
1,000 - Survey

139,700 - Crack the Case bonus for 4 out of 5 latches
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by PantyWaster
Invalid Priority Club® Number or PIN. Please re-enter your information, and try again.

If the error continues, please contact Priority Club Service Center for assistance.

Sounds like I am not targetted!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:37 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by Markie
Invalid Priority Club® Number or PIN. Please re-enter your information, and try again.

If the error continues, please contact Priority Club Service Center for assistance.

Sounds like I am not targetted!
You ARE targeted, if you are not - the message will be quite different.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:11 am

Programs: Sky Team (Flying Blue Gold) Star Alliance (Senator Gold) Matmid - ELAL (Platinum)
My "Crack the Cases"

I currently have more than 300.000 points.
I was asked to crack 4 cases:
1) Survey for 500 points
2) Stay 78 nights, earn 14,400 points
3) Stay at 27 properties, earn 15000 points
4) Stay 3 Saturdays, earn 1700 points

Unlock all 4 and get another 194,400 points
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by jpdx
I think there are plenty of us who didn't get this promo. Very annoying, but then again, probably better than being given some ridiculous 200 night/28 Saturdays target!
Same here, no offer.

I don't understand the excitement about this promo. A few lucky recipients are in line for a large bonus for little effort but most of the thresholds posted here require a lot of cash and commitment. Unless you'd be making those stays anyway, there are cheaper ways to rack up tens of thousands of points. As someone who tends to stay individual nights, I'd rather keep back the cash and use it the normal way by earning status through revenue stays in future. Seems to be only of interest to longstay business travellers who might have switched to other chains; fair enough to IHG, but this isn't me.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by olegator
You ARE targeted, if you are not - the message will be quite different.
you never know....there could be a bunch of different messages floating around....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by gobitz
I don't think your current points volume has to do anything with the promo...

I have more than 1M points. Got a very lame promo.

1. Survey - 500. Done.
2. 28 room nights - 3300
3. 4 Brands - 2200
4. 4 Saturdays - 1700

Crack all get additional 72000.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by gobitz
I was asked to crack 4 cases:
1) Survey for 500 points
2) Stay 78 nights, earn 14,400 points
3) Stay at 27 properties, earn 15000 points
4) Stay 3 Saturdays, earn 1700 points

Unlock all 4 and get another 194,400 points
Though I have not received this promo, most of these seem quite tough..
78 nights and 27 properties !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.