Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Crack the case" Promo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: US,PC
Anybody can provide insight, if converting chase card to PC card will satisfy the condition of getting PC card?

I doubt since it may not be traced in system as PC card but still would like to get some opinion.

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:01 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by dante
If the hurdles are considerably easier for infrequent stayers, will that also mean greater 'competition' (and less likelihood of an upgrade) for Plat upgrades, since there will be so many more Plats by the time the promo ends?
Plat upgrades? I don't think these actually exist.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by pbow
If you havent received it yet you wont. I sent them an email asking when I would get an email re it and they replied saying its targeted and I wasnt in the chosen group.

I have replied asking them to provide feedback to the promotion in that they have done a good job in giving the marriot 30-40 nights this calendar year.
I would not reley on what one person at the e-mail customer service replied. I would call in like some others on here have done and request a log in pin. I am giving it another 7 to 10 days and if I don't receive an e-mail with my (550,000 point offer) log in pin # I am going to call in and get one.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Plat upgrades? I don't think these actually exist.
Sure they do. I get upgraded almost every stay.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by jtpc
I kind of feel like I've been banished to the loser table at the high school cafeteria.
Save me a spot there, will ya...

I think the survey is key. I think they want a certain sample of responses, thus the specific targetting of the promotion.

I was flirting with swinging some stays to IHG, as Mr. Marriott and I have been having some issues of late, but he sent me some flowers and we patched things up, so I guess I'll be staying put.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Save me a spot there, will ya...

I think the survey is key. I think they want a certain sample of responses, thus the specific targetting of the promotion.

I was flirting with swinging some stays to IHG, as Mr. Marriott and I have been having some issues of late, but he sent me some flowers and we patched things up, so I guess I'll be staying put.
Thats the SPIRIT - anywhere but Hilton HHonors locations.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: northwest, american, choice hotels
Customer Service just stated that only those who participated in the Luckiest Loser were targeted for this offer.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by dracs
Anybody can provide insight, if converting chase card to PC card will satisfy the condition of getting PC card?
With these credit card deals, you always have to apply through the link they provide for the promo. I would apply for the card through the "crack the case" link and then call Chase to switch out of old card to PC.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by jabho
Customer Service just stated that only those who participated in the Luckiest Loser were targeted for this offer.
Spouse and I both got 1,000 PC points for registering for the Luckiest Loser (thus both "participated")
I was a "winner" and received 20,000 PC points, as I had a ton of HH points.
Spouse was not.
I was targeted for Crack the Case.
Spouse was not.
So, spouse "participated" in Luckiest Loser but did not "win", and was not targeted for Crack the Case.
Spouse is PC Plat.
I am PC Gold.
Spouse is HH Diamond.
I am HH Gold.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by markis10
If I was an investor I would be asking the following question at the next results announcement:

"I note the significant increase in Platinum level members in your program recently following the new promotions (despite the fact many of those promotions were for unachievable goals, such as offers for clients when they stay at 4 or more brands despite there only being 3 brands in their country of residence), how has this compensated for the loss of revenue from the long term high tier members who have moved their business elsewhere owing to them not being invited to participate? What are your projections moving forward to account for the increased cost of customer acquisition and loss of loyalty from those customers previously acquired?"

I have 1/4 of the year left and I see no reason to stay with ICH at the moment, its time to explore the greener pastures!

Not to mention those who stayed frequently enough but received offers that were an insult to their loyalty by requiring much higher achievement with lower returns than offered these occasional members!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If this was targeted to counter act Hilton's promo, it is a double insult to regular and loyal PC members. This could become the biggest prom fiasco in marketing history. Who gets to write the Harvard business school abstract?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by PatMike
With these credit card deals, you always have to apply through the link they provide for the promo. I would apply for the card through the "crack the case" link and then call Chase to switch out of old card to PC.
Thanks Mike for your reply,
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
The language of the reaction many are having may be emotional, that's true, but it can be a very level-headed reaction to consciously and calculatedly move business away from a corporation that, intended or not, shows, for lack of a better word "disrespect" for their business in this impersonal relationship.

The reality of the situation has changed on a couple levels and it can be very rational for a customer to reduce its usage of a product if they feel like their dollars are being spent by the marketing department to reward other customers, even if the "offer" as you say remains the same. I will stop frequenting a restaurant, even if the food and prices remain the same, if I notice that neighboring eaters keep getting free desserts for being rare/infrequent customers, while I get nothing. Even on an "impersonal" level it would demonstrate a lot to me about how management runs the business.

Your last thought is important as well. I don't know what kind of impact this will have on outstanding PC points, but with the the amount they seem to be throwing around, it very well could have an impact, especially considering that the number PC points being generated have an inverse relationship to the actual revenue coming in to the corporation.

absolutely great analysis. Nothing to add.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by jabho
that is the story they gave me this afternoon as well. when i told her i did participate in luckiest loser, she put me back on hold for anothe r5 minutes, then came back and told me she had registered me for the promo and it should be reflected through th ewebsite in 48 hours. i will give it 48 hours and see. if not, another call to CS.

I am curious if anyone that received the email DID NOT participate in luckiest loser.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I just had to e-mail PC Service Centre as I can not find the e-mail, think I may have deleted it by mistake. I did the survey as I had 10 minutes to spare, but now want to do the rest of it as I have several stays, which will almost satisfy two of the criteria for me...

DARN AND BLAST... Remember to check before hitting "Delete"! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.