Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Any chance you booked your stay before 2/1/16? We are checking out after a 3-night stay using points and were charged $20.94 service fee each night. We called and the front desk says this applies to all stays.

When we checked in, we discussed the pros and cons of using points versus cash with the desk clerk and the topic of the resort fee came up, making us think it did not apply to points stays (as it never has for our many prior stays). Buyer beware.

My stay was February of this year. Paid with points and there was certainly no resort fee, no cash contribution at all: just the points.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
My stay was February of this year. Paid with points and there was certainly no resort fee, no cash contribution at all: just the points.
Thanks, but you didn't answer my question: when did you make the reservation?
Old May 19, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Thanks, but you didn't answer my question: when did you make the reservation?
sorry!! It would be a couple of weeks before. I was surprised they had reward nights.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:12 am

Is there a reason this hotel has no rooms available on the IHG website for a long time ?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FSUNoles420
Is there a reason this hotel has no rooms available on the IHG website for a long time ?
stayed may2017, i thought room was my higher catergory paid-rates booked room (no upgrade given) very poor, lacked a bath which room desciption says it has, negligible ocean view which i paid for (if i wanted shower only I would have booked HIE) , poor elite treatment (no upgrade, no best room in booked class, no prepepared roomcard etc)

only thing in HIs favour was location

i won't stay again, I'd even recommend stay elsewhere
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Leaving IHG 1 February 2018

https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article96957.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.