Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA name change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:30 am
Original Poster

BA name change

Hi, I’m hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice.

I booked a flight with BA in my maiden name, decided that due to lack of travel with work, it would be a prime opportunity to update my passport into my married name. I contacted BA to change the name on the flight I had booked into my married name and was eventually, after speaking to several people, told that the only way to do this would be to cancel my entire booking and then buy the tickets again. This meant that I had to pay 3x as much for the tickets. Apparently, because one leg was a code share and operated by AA, this was the issue. Now, as far as I’m concerned, my contract was with BA, not AA so surely their policy applies and from what I can find, BA allows for change of name due to marriage provided you can show evidence of this, which I did.

Does anybody know if the correct process has been followed by BA? I feel that they have that many new customer service agents now that half of them don’t actually know the policies and procedures.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now cross posted (in the correct forum)-->Name change advice
Old May 6, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by EmilyHillFlies

Does anybody know if the correct process has been followed by BA? I feel that they have that many new customer service agents now that half of them don’t actually know the policies and procedures.
It's been the correct procedure for at least the last 40 years. Bad timing to change name on passport when you already have a booking made in another name. I would have changed the passport after the trip and started all new bookings with married name from then on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.