Wiki Posts
Search

How should I use my points?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

How should I use my points?

How should I spend my points?

I would like some input for a family vacation of four people traveling in economy.

We will travel from BRO --> HAN --> UIH --> ICN/GMP --> BRO.

We have four United accounts with 110k, 65k, 58k, and 54k in miles.

I have 190k in Chase ultimate rewards I can transfer, 100k in Delta miles, and 60k on American.

I am currently planning on transferring my chase points to United to make 300k and book four round trip tickets BRO --> HAN, ICN --> BRO,

Next, using Delta miles for a round trip HAN --> UIH, UIH --> HAN.

Finally, using the united miles in the other accounts to fly from HAN --> ICN/GMP.

What are your thoughts and recommendations?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by posnew
How should I spend my points?

I would like some input for a family vacation of four people traveling in economy.

We will travel from BRO --> HAN --> UIH --> ICN/GMP --> BRO.

We have four United accounts with 110k, 65k, 58k, and 54k in miles.

I have 190k in Chase ultimate rewards I can transfer, 100k in Delta miles, and 60k on American.

I am currently planning on transferring my chase points to United to make 300k and book four round trip tickets BRO --> HAN, ICN --> BRO,

Next, using Delta miles for a round trip HAN --> UIH, UIH --> HAN.

Finally, using the united miles in the other accounts to fly from HAN --> ICN/GMP.

What are your thoughts and recommendations?
Check availability & routes/airlines

4 award seats on 1 flight is hard to get. Can be very hard
With in Asia probably better to pay cash. Short economy award flights tend to be poor value. For 4 people you do not have many ff miles

www.awardhacker.com

Great Circle Mapper

Chase UR Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timeline, etc (2017)
Chase UR Ultimate Rewards - Which airline/hotel should I transfer points to?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
One thing I've occasionally seen is that there will be just 2 or 3 mileage tickets available. BUT ... if you book them, in the next day or so there will again be a new 2 or 3 available.

If you are OK with a Plan B of cash purchase for the additional 2 or 1 tickets, you could book what is available and then keep checking to see if the airline makes some more available in a day or so. If not, you could go to Plan B.

Plan C would be to book the remaining necessary tickets on a different flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.