Wiki Posts
Search

AA portal points being denied because I got bonvoy points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Unhappy AA portal points being denied because I got bonvoy points

I have been going back and for with on missing mile from a hotel purchase through the AA travel portal. There most recent message from them is saying that I am being denied points because I received Marriott Bonvoy points for my stay and I can't also get the AA miles. From what I have read online I though this kind of double dipping was allowed. I have also done this with the BA portal and they send my an email confirming the purchase and Avios I will get (one has successfully posted to account). Can others confirm what is correct?

https://cardsfortravel.com/quadruple...n-hotel-stays/

Last edited by flyguy6; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:48 pm
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You need to read the fine print of the Marriott rate booked. If it says "non-commissionable rate" then you won't earn miles or cashback. This typically happens on a lot of member rates with added extras.

If you booked a plain vanilla Marriott standard rate, you should have double-dipped but the airline shopping portals are notorious for being completely inflexible.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You need to read the fine print of the Marriott rate booked. If it says "non-commissionable rate" then you won't earn miles or cashback. This typically happens on a lot of member rates with added extras.

If you booked a regular Marriott standard rate, you should have double-dipped but the airline shopping portals are notorious for being completely inflexible.
I tried a test booking but I am not seeing the fine print that says if it is a non-commissionable rate. Can you explain where to find this? I know I paid the regular or member rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.