Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: America AAdvantage Platinum
Qatar Airlines

I have a flight 9/9/19 from IAH to NBO via DOH. It was a miles ticket on AA. IAH to DOH gets in on 9/10 at 4:40pm and the DOH-NBO flight leaves at 5:50pm. When I questioned the timing I was told the flights were in the same terminal and the connection time was valid.

In the past 5 days the flight from IAH has arrived from one to four hours late, and today it will be eight hours late.

I've built in a layover day in Nairobi on 9/11 so if we miss the connection and have to stay overnight in DOH we will still be able to make our onward flight to Kilimanjaro on 9/12.

Does anyone know in fact if that hour connection is legal in DOH? Obviously even if so there is no way to avoid late incidents.

As a minor issue, does anyone know the transfer time in IAH from Terminal D to Terminal A? I had to book the trip from DFW-IAH-DFW separately because the only way to get that award flight on the Q-Suites flight was to do it from Houston. I am going to call American to see about getting all the tickets PNR's linked together once I book the flights to and from IAH. I'm allowing 2 1/2 hours between arrival time on the return to IAH and our connection on AA to DFW.

Appreciate any comments.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
MCT at DOH for I-I is 45 minutes. Going to the US it’s 85 minutes.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
The minimum connecting time between QR-operated flights at Doha is 45 minute (see Yoshi's post about flights departing to the US). 1 hour and 10 minutes is quite doable. You can see Short connections at DOH (under 90 minutes) for further information.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.