Search

Flight booking problem

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None
Flight booking problem

Hi, I just need some help.
we booked a flight (flight only)for our family back in February and received the e ticket by email at that time.
when we came to check in online 36 hours before the flight we noticed the system would not recognise our booking re or e ticket number.
withthis we called the booking agent. they said on 3rd July their computer system had been hacked and the flight details had been cancelled ?
when we phoned the airline, they also confirmed the details had been cancelled and we were not goimg to be on our flight. The lady did say if we emailed a special department at the airline they would be able to help us further, but not done this as yet.
we now have another flight organised by the agent but 4 days later.
How are we covered for this, is there an avenue to claim ?
ie directly with the agent ? / ATOL ?, small claims court ?
looking forward for any advice
thankyou
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lockwood74 Welcome to FT

Need a lot more details
  • Airline & route?
  • Booked direct airline or online travel agent OTA? If OTA which?
  • Paid with credit card? They can do a refund.
  • What are hoping to claim for? Best you may get is a full refund.
  • The airline/TA will not pay consequential losses
  • Do you have travel insurance?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Firstly thanks for your comment, to clarify,,
the airline is TAP Portugal, I get the impression it is not the airline at fault but need to investigate this further.
The travel agency is called Travelopedia LTD, the tickets were booked over the phone and then the payment made in to their bank.
I have several emails from them since. I believe they are ATOL registered.
we don’t have travel insurance, and they have offered us a flight with the same airline 4 days later. This means we have 4 days less on our holiday, the main problem is the knock on effect this has caused as the car we were due to pick up for hire for 5 weeks has cancelled our car and we have los5 the total amount due to late pickup.
hop this helps

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Sorry forgot to add the route, this is London Heathrow to Lisbon Portugal
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I just wondered is it possible for the airline to issue an eticket without payment from the agent, as when I phone TAP the lady I spoke to seemed to indicate it was cancelled due to no payment, even though we paid the agent in full ?
the comment from the agent saying their computer system was hacked , doesn’t seem to add up as we booked and paid for this 5 months befor the flight.
regards

Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Is the price about equal for a flight on BA?or even TP vis another access point.another airline? If so get a refund (statement in writing) and book elsewhere. If not, push the agent for booking for a booking the soonest you can find availability on. Four days is too much. BA and TP have many flights a day. Don’t forget out of LCY and I think Luton for an LLC option and via Porto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.