Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Cancellation/Delay question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Airline Cancellation/Delay question

I was thinking of booking a flight with my family on Allegiant Airlines, but I am a little apprehensive after reading all the negative reviews specially regarding the delays/cancellations. I have limited days to travel, and I can not afford to be stuck for days until their next flight.

My question: Is there a way around the delay/cancellation issue? I know allegiant does not have interline agreements like other airlines and they do not put you on another airline in case of cancellation. I was wondering what if I buy some sort of travel insurance that would allow me to book at the last minute on another airline if allegiant cancels (may be travel interruption clause?). Fortunately, on my trip, there are other airlines that also fly that route.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You posted the exact same question back on August 19. The advice has not and will not change no matter how many times you start a new thread to ask the same question.

Do not fly these guys unless you are prepared to sit for a couple of days at your own expense hoping to make it home.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...l#post23391887
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I was wondering what
if I buy some sort of travel insurance that would allow me to book at the last minute on another airline if allegiant cancels (may be travel interruption clause?). Fortunately, on my trip, there are other airlines that also fly that route."

The answer depends on the exact terms and conditions of the travel insurance. Does your credit card provide any free trip-interruption coverage? If so, check the terms and conditions; if not, check the terms and conditions of any paid policy you are considering.

Is the fare difference between Allegiant and the other carriers on the route you want to fly sufficiently great to justify the cost of paid travel insurance vs. just flying on a competitor? Be sure to factor in Allegiant's various add-on fees when making the price comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.