Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegiant Air Cancellation/Delay question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Allegiant Air Cancellation/Delay question

I was thinking of booking a flight with my family on Allegiant, but I am a little apprehensive after reading all the negative reviews specially regarding the delays/cancellations. I have limited days to travel, and I can not afford to be stuck for days until their next flight.

My question: Is there a way around the delay/cancellation issue? I know allegiant does not have agreements like other airlines and they do not put you on another airline in case of cancellation. I was wondering what if I buy some sort of travel insurance that would allow me to book at the last minute on another airline if allegiant cancels (may be travel interruption clause?). Fortunately, on my trip, there are other airlines that also fly that route.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:43 pm

Based on your criteria - wouldn't take the risk of a delay/cancellation. Obviously if there were delays you could buy a one-way ticket home on another airline but that can be pricey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.