Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Aarogya Setu" phone app

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i guess that will change once international travel opens up....
As i just booked the ticket to visit on family emergency , and searching for the answer.
It is very simple or basic thing to keep in mind while creating the app , especially when you say international travelers should have that app .
Hope some one will realize and update the app.
I am planning to tweet the ministry.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Good luck with that. This app is meant for domestic use, so it still doesn't work on firang numbers and stops working outside of India.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
As i just booked the ticket to visit on family emergency , and searching for the answer.
It is very simple or basic thing to keep in mind while creating the app , especially when you say international travelers should have that app .
Hope some one will realize and update the app.
I am planning to tweet the ministry.
if only life were that simple....this government (& governments before it as well) is not known to do things logically....the app still doesn't work on non-india numbers & i don't think they have any plans on fixing it....

having said that, i have taken 4 international trips since september 2020 & have not been asked to show the app even once....
Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:36 pm

Was asked for this app for a domestic flight out of BOM last week.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Was asked for this app for a domestic flight out of BOM last week.
Whats the latest on the AS app for domestic travel? I am planning a flight out of IXC and they require the Cova Punjab app. Any recent experiences?

Many thanks!
Old May 8, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Was not asked for this arriving in SFO-DOH-BLR last month.
Old May 8, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SamirD
Was not asked for this arriving in SFO-DOH-BLR last month.
they have stopped asking for the app in general....last month i was checking into a hotel in lucknow & they asked for the app....i told them i didn't have it & they just let me through....
Old May 8, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Keyser
they have stopped asking for the app in general....last month i was checking into a hotel in lucknow & they asked for the app....i told them i didn't have it & they just let me through....
lol! Nothing like that bulletproof checking.

I remember a time riding with a friend in his car and we were going to the mall. This was like the third time we had come to the mall in 3 days and every time they would stop the car and use a mirror under the drivers side undercarriage of the car. On the third time, my friend asked them--"do they only put bombs on the driver's side underside or do they use the passenger side too?" Even though he spoke the language perfect (as a native he knows the lingo), the guys looked confused and waived him through--so much safety and security theater nonsense--it's more important to make people feel safe than actually doing anything to provide safety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.