All flights suspended in India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All flights suspended in India

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by s1362083
What's going on with flights between UK and India?

Seems AI blanket cancelled everything soon after India was put on the red list but BA/VS continued flying until yesterday, but now BA/VS have also posted cancellations for 26th/27th (except HYD flight which is due to land soon). AI due to fly from BOM on 27th as it stands. Seems BA138 actually flew today (26/04) according to FR24, but I presume without passengers as it shows up as a cancelled flight on BA app. A travel agent in India is telling me direct flights are now suspended, but not sure what the source of this is but something seems to be afoot.
with more countries stepping up on travel bans from india, it would not surprise me if the uk ends up banning all flights from india over the next few days....
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Keyser
with more countries stepping up on travel bans from india, it would not surprise me if the uk ends up banning all flights from india over the next few days....

This would be unlikely, due to India being on the red list and travellers arriving in the UK having to do the 10 days quarantine in a government designated hotel. Plus Boris is looking to do a trade deal with India as soon as possible.

I was in contact with BA last week regarding Indian flights, the air bubble between the two countries is limited to 30 per week shared between VS,BA and AI from various Indian cities to LHR.
BA have been cancelling some direct flights and rerouting PAX at short notice via other Indian airports from LHR.
Its very fluid as to which routes are cancelled, a friend arrived at LHR for a direct flight to BLR only to find they were rerouted via DEL and having to take another PCR test before making the connection.
There are also cargo flights which are exempt from the 30 per week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.