Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All flights suspended in India

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
apparently so....lh is getting passengers to do the same thing even if the journey does not originate in germany....
Does one have to follow this same procedure of notification of the transit country embassy on your way out from India as well ?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by quarryking
Does one have to follow this same procedure of notification of the transit country embassy on your way out from India as well ?
not 100% sure but i would guess that you don't because this requirement seems to be specific to flying into india....
Old Sep 29, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
not 100% sure but i would guess that you don't because this requirement seems to be specific to flying into india....
No, you don't have to as its for flying into India and not from India.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Fun times. UK has cancelled all BOM-CCU flights that day I want to fly (and have bought a ticket for) or atleast is not offering any bookings anymore. So now my options are the AI flight at 6:10 or an Indigo flight at 11:50. SG & G8 still have a flight in evening.

For the way back my plan to meet AJLondon in the evening is also in jeopardy... UK has cancelled/withdrawn all flights that day too. So it AI in the late evening to connect to LH as usual or fly AI at lunch.... glad I din't book that ticket yet!
oliver2002 Lufthansa cancelling all flights to India for a few weeks.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/luft...centre-2302884
Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, got rebooked to the only flight left operating.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Now all flights to and from Germany are canceled.
What a mess!!
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Kudos to LH to pull the plug, curious how the MOCA is going to negotiate going forward. I'm sure the ME3 are watching on the sidelines...
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this was expected....the indian government is once again being unreasonable in its quest to help ai....
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Kudos to LH to pull the plug, curious how the MOCA is going to negotiate going forward. I'm sure the ME3 are watching on the sidelines...
I applaud them for taking such a strong stand!

(Even though we are left hanging with horrible carrier options here...)
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:23 pm

Anyone have any updates/experience of flying Air france from USA to India recently
Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hari360
Anyone have any updates/experience of flying Air france from USA to India recently
see post # 62 of this thread....did so about 10 days ago....
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:56 am

From Air France website
  • Passengers travelling with Air France must hold a completed "Undertaking cum Indemnity Bond" prior to departure, due to the outbreak of corona virus

Couple of questions : 1>. How long does it take to get confirmation from embassy of india,france after we will the google form
    2>What is "Undertaking cum Indemnity Bond" and how do i get this

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:57 am

few questions regarding the docs

just got back from usa a couple of nights ago & its a travel experience i won't soon forget....

my flight was originally jfk-ams-del but since india has not established a travel bubble with the netherlands yet, my flight was changed to jfk-cdg-del....

2 days before my flight i got my rt-pcr test done & received my negative result the day of my flight....i had already filled out the self reporting form on the air suvidha website & applied for exemption from the 7 day institutional quarantine by uploading my negative covid report when i got it....just before i was leaving for the airport i got my exemption certificate so i managed to print out 2 copies to carry with me....

terminal 1 in jfk was fairly empty....i was the only passenger in the business class line while there were maybe a dozen passengers in the economy check-in counters....before i could reach the check-in counter i was stopped by an agent & made to fill out a form which was basically an undertaking that neither me nor my legal heirs could sue air france in the event i contracted covid on the flight & died....after filling out the form i got to the check-in counter....the agent asked me if i had registered with the indian mission in france & provided me with a link if i had not done so....i told him i had already & he asked me to show him the email i received with the confirmation of having done so....i showed him the email & a couple of minutes later i had my boarding pass in hand....

the security line was also empty....they had shut down the tsa pre-check lane since the number of passengers was too small but there was no one at the line before me so i went through pretty quickly....the only problem was taking off my belt & taking out my laptop from my bag, which i would not have had to do had tsa pre-check line been open....

the terminal was pretty dead & about 75% of the shops were closed....luckily the air france lounge was open so i made my way there....the lounge offerings were pretty basic....no fresh food....everything was pre-packaged & there were tons of chips & popcorn & other snack packets available....i was informed that boarding would first begin from the back rows so business class would board last....

boarding was very organised with them starting to board through the back rows....they boarded economy first, then premium economy & finally business class last....i don't think there were more than 35-40 passengers on the flight....business class had only 4 passengers including me....

the flight from jfk-cdg was fairly uneventful....masks had to be worn throughout the duration of the flight....dinner was served half an hour after takeoff....snacks & drinks were available throughout the flight....an hour before landing breakfast was served....the flight landed in cdg an hour & 15 minutes before schedule....

cdg was a little busier than the other airports i had been to over the last one week....it took me almost 30 minutes to go through security....most shops in the terminal were open & social distance was not really being maintained....i headed over to the lounge which was also very busy....food options were limited but there were both hot & cold items on offer, along with a lot of pre-packaged stuff....

boarding was once again taking place in reverse order so the last rows of economy boarded first....after economy class they boarded premium economy & finally business class in the end....at boarding they made everyone fill out the same undertaking i filled out at jfk....they also asked for proof of having registered with the indian mission in france....finally they handed each passenger a packet with a mask & shield....the mask had to be worn for the duration of the flight while the shield had to be worn in del....i was the only passenger in business class while there must have been less than 40 passengers in total on the entire flight....

the flight was again uneventful....lunch was served half an hour after takeoff....lots of snacks available throughout the flight & a hot snack was served an hour before landing....everything was served in proper cutlery like the previous flight....the health declaration forms were handed out mid flight....i had already filled these out & had 2 copies but decided to also fill in the one they handed on the flight since i didn't want to take a risk with them not accepting the one i had filled in earlier....

the flight landed on time & an announcement was made that both the mask & shields were required to be worn at the airport....i was the first one to get off the plane & made it to the health declaration counter before anyone else....there was a separate line for those who had an exemption certificate so i got into that line....the agent asked for a copy of the exemption so i handed it over to him....he glanced at it & waived me through....i tried to hand him the health declaration form but he said it was not required as i already was approved for exemption....

next i made it to the immigration counter....the officer asked for the health form & i handed it to him....he looked at it & said it was not stamped....i told him i tried to hand it over at the previous counter but the agent there said that i didn't need it since i had an exemption certificate....he said i would need to go back & get it stamped....so i did & once again they refused to stamp it saying that i had exemption....i told them immigration would not let me through if i didn't have the stamped form so they reluctantly stamped it....

i made it back to the immigration counter with the stamped form & the officer asked for my boarding pass & passport....he scanned my boarding pass & then had a confused look on his face....i asked him what was wrong & he said that my flight had still not landed....that was amusing to me since i was standing there in front of him having disembarked from the flight he claimed was still in the air....by this time the other passengers had also reached the immigration counter & none of them were being let through since the system in all the counters showed that the flight had still not landed....this prompted a master reset of the system which took about 15 minutes....after that the flight showed as having landed so i was able to pass through immigration....

duty free was fairly empty & my baggage was already waiting for me by the time i got to baggage claim....

after getting my bags i tried to exit the terminal but was stopped at the exit by security who asked me if i had filled in the mandatory quarantine form....i told them i had an exemption certificate but he insisted i had to fill up the form....not wanting to argue, i took the form from him....he told me to fill it up & submit it at a temporary counter set up nearby....i started to fill out the form but stopped when i read the first line that stated that i only had to fill out the form if i did not have an exemption certificate from air suvidha....i took the empty form & my exemption certificate to the counter & asked them if i had to fill out the form....the agents at the counter seemed confused & had no idea what the exemption certificate was for or from where i got it....they told me i had to fill out the form & acknowledge that i had to go through 7 days institutional quarantine....i turned the form over where the exemption categories were stated & once again showed them my exemption certificate & my negative covid result....they refused to acknowledge that & said i had to fill out the form & then go to the doctor's counter where they would decide if i qualified for exemption....

once again, not wanting to argue, i filled out the form & went over to the doctor's counter....i handed over my exemption certificate & the form i had filled out....they seemed surprised why i had filled out the form when i already had exemption....i told them i had been trying to explain that to various different counters & agents all evening but they refused to acknowledge the exemption certificate....he started yelling at the guys at the previous counter asking why they were getting passengers to fill out unnecessary forms....the guys from that counter yelled back saying they were only following instructions....in between all this yelling i politely asked the doctor if i could leave....he said i could & just had to get my hand stamped at the exit which would indicate the date till when i had to home quarantine....

i walked over to the exit & was met by security who asked to see my stamped quarantine form....i showed them the exemption certificate & he didn't know what that was....he said he couldn't let me through without the stamped quarantine form....i went back to the doctor's counter & said they weren't letting me leave....he yelled out to security asking them to let me go....security yelled back saying i didn't have the stamped form....the doc yelled back i didn't need one as i had exemption....the other counter joined in on the yelling saying they didn't know what this exemption certificate was....finally the doc got up from his seat & walked over to the other counter & told them to shut up & check with their superiors regarding the exemption rules....he then told security to let me through....i got a stamp on my hand stating the date i have to quarantine till & finally managed to leave the airport....

just when i thought the adventure was over, i woke up the next morning with a terrible rash on my hand all over the stamped area....had to do an online consult with a doctor who told me i seemed to have had an allergic reaction to the ink....the hand is all bandaged up now & a good reminder to only travel in these troubled times if it is absolutely necessary....
From Air France website
  • Passengers travelling with Air France must hold a completed "Undertaking cum Indemnity Bond" prior to departure, due to the outbreak of corona virus

Couple of questions : 1>. How long does it take to get confirmation from embassy of india,france after we will the google form

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hari360
From Air France website

Thanks
you just need to fill the form below....no confirmation from the embassy is required....

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...mGIrw/viewform
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
just when i thought the adventure was over, i woke up the next morning with a terrible rash on my hand all over the stamped area....had to do an online consult with a doctor who told me i seemed to have had an allergic reaction to the ink....the hand is all bandaged up now & a good reminder to only travel in these troubled times if it is absolutely necessary....
The Indian Express: Ink used for stamping passengers at Delhi Airport raises red flag.
https://indianexpress.com/article/bu...-flag-6703156/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.