Search

Indian Visa Query

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Indian Visa Query

Hi all,

Not strictly BA but this is the most active board and the one where I spend time so thought I would ask here, Mods please move if necessary.

I found out yesterday (Friday) evening Sydney time that I need to be in India for Wednesday.

Managed to book a flight and then this morning went to do my e-Visa naievly thinking it would be ready immediately like other e-visas. This is not the case and they say it can take 72 hours. Last year I did one and it came back the next day but that was on a weekday not a Saturday. My colleague is in the UK and has yet to wake up and is meant to be flying tomorrow, Sunday.

Does anyone have any experience of these visas happening quickly recently? Do they process on the weekend? Should we try to rearrange flights now?

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:43 am
xdh

Programs: BD*G
if you colleague is Flying Sunday and hasn't got any visa sorted yet then there is no way he is getting on any plane.

I have no idea if your evisa would be processed in time to be in India on Wednesday but I would say it is extremely unlikely.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xdh
if you colleague is Flying Sunday and hasn't got any visa sorted yet then there is no way he is getting on any plane.

I have no idea if your evisa would be processed in time to be in India on Wednesday but I would say it is extremely unlikely.
Thanks, she's found a 24 hour provider so we'll see and if not just buy another flight. I have until Tuesday AM which would be the 72 hours promised so I reckon I'll be OK, the joy of a last minute flight booking is that it's fully flex so can shift up to 6 hours before flight.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
Thanks, she's found a 24 hour provider so we'll see and if not just buy another flight. I have until Tuesday AM which would be the 72 hours promised so I reckon I'll be OK, the joy of a last minute flight booking is that it's fully flex so can shift up to 6 hours before flight.
i would expect your visa to be done before wednesday but i would be really surprised if your colleague can manage their visa by sunday....
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
i would expect your visa to be done before wednesday but i would be really surprised if your colleague can manage their visa by sunday....
Me too! Fingers are crossed and we'll see what's what when she wakes up in the UK!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Just to update in case anybody comes across this both of us received visas on Sunday. Mine arrived at about 1200 Sydney time (approx 24 hours after submitting it) and my colleague's was there when she woke up UK time (less than 24 hours).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
Just to update in case anybody comes across this both of us received visas on Sunday. Mine arrived at about 1200 Sydney time (approx 24 hours after submitting it) and my colleague's was there when she woke up UK time (less than 24 hours).
very impressed with their efficiency....i wasn't expecting it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.