Wiki Posts
Search

One or two night diversion from Delhi?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One or two night diversion from Delhi?

It may be that a planned visit to a charitable organization that I was supposed to take on my India trip doesn't happen.

So instead, where's a good place to visit for up to two nights? In my case it shouldn't be Jaipur, Varanasi, or Agra, as I will hit all of those on other parts of the trip. Ideally it would be a place with good hotels, maybe even luxury hotels, as I like nice places to stay.

Websites listing short trips from Delhi don't seem to come up with a consensus, so I'd appreciate any help folks here can provide.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
how far from delhi are you willing to go????do you want to stick to driving distance or are you willing to take a train or flight????
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:10 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Short flight would be fine. Probably not a train trip unless it was comfortable (i.e., not full of people all over the place).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
udaipur could be one option....you would have to fly there though....if you want to stay within driving distance of delhi then i would recommend a 2 day trip to the itc grand bharat, a luxury collection retreat....its only a little over an hour away from delhi & if you like staying at luxury hotels then this one is a must....

another option would be to drive to neemrana....the fort palace there is very nice....a 15th century fort that has been turned into a heritage hotel....this would be about a 2 & a half hour drive from delhi, midway between delhi & jaipur....
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Fly to Chandigarh and go to Shimla, Oberoi Wildflower hall will be something different from the things that you have already planned.

https://www.oberoihotels.com/hotels-in-shimla-wfh/
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
udaipur could be one option....you would have to fly there though....if you want to stay within driving distance of delhi then i would recommend a 2 day trip to the itc grand bharat, a luxury collection retreat....its only a little over an hour away from delhi & if you like staying at luxury hotels then this one is a must....

another option would be to drive to neemrana....the fort palace there is very nice....a 15th century fort that has been turned into a heritage hotel....this would be about a 2 & a half hour drive from delhi, midway between delhi & jaipur....
Would second Udaipur. If you like luxury hotels this is the place to go to. A night or two is a perfect stay at one
For example the Taj lake palace hotel at Udaipur was part of the Bond movie Octopussy. There are other lake hotels but as far as I know this is the only true lake hotel surrounded by water on all sides .

Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:40 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Udaipur is a good choice. It is a short flight from Delhi, has a lot of forts, lakes, history and excellent luxury hotels.
The Lake Palace can be expensive though, upto $1000 per night. But there are many other choices.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fourth (??) Udaipur, I thought it was beautiful! We didn't stay in the lake, but instead at a hotel with views overlooking another lake, and it was so beautiful at sunset. It wasn't super luxury, but was still very nice - the LaLit Laxmi.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Seconded for Chandigarh/Shimla
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
---------

Last edited by rtgta; May 16, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.