Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit visa on short notice in BOM & DEL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Transit visa on short notice in BOM & DEL

Ok, so get ready for this one. I've gotten myself into a real sticky situation and need you guys' professional insight.

I booked the following itinerary ZRH-DXB-DEL/DEL-DOH-BEY/BEY-AUH-BOM and returning to Oman. All the layovers are less than 24 hours (just flying for fun to try the ME3) and I don't see any reason why I'd want to leave the airport. However, it seems I might still need a transit visa since these are separate tickets, right?

I have a Swedish passport, so I can get an e-tourist visa, but that's not ideal given the price. The flights leave on August 14, so I doubt I'd have time to send my passport to the embassy if that's required. I'd really appreciate some help/insight on that I can do.

Worst case scenario I'm considering flying ZRH-DXB and hopping off there, but I don't know if they'll even let me board the first flight without an Indian visa (maybe I can say I'm transmitting airside?). Then I'll drop the DEL-DOH avios booking and try the same just flying BEY-AUH with Etihad. Thoughts? Sorry - I know this is super convoluted.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Get the tourist evisa, a transit visa will cost you 400SEK anyway. You will need a visa before checkin, as the airline will want to see something.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you will definitely need a visa since you are on separate tickets....i would just get the e-visa if i were you...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
I booked the following itinerary ZRH-DXB-DEL/DEL-DOH-BEY/BEY-AUH-BOM and returning to Oman. All the layovers are less than 24 hours (just flying for fun to try the ME3)

I have a Swedish passport, so I can get an e-tourist visa, but that's not ideal given the price.
Just stump up for the visa: you're committed to trip i can't begin to comprehend , but it would be a pity to get turned back at your first check in.

You risk spoiling the ship for a ha'pworth of tar
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
I booked the following itinerary ZRH-DXB-DEL/DEL-DOH-BEY/BEY-AUH-BOM and returning to Oman. All the layovers are less than 24 hours (just flying for fun to try the ME3) and I don't see any reason why I'd want to leave the airport. However, it seems I might still need a transit visa since these are separate tickets, right?
After reading an article, I knew that you don't need a transit visa for Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi for less than 24 hours. But it is recommended to call particular airline service provider or airport authority to confirm this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.