FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit visa on short notice in BOM & DEL
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:57 pm
daniellovesflying

Transit visa on short notice in BOM & DEL

Ok, so get ready for this one. I've gotten myself into a real sticky situation and need you guys' professional insight.

I booked the following itinerary ZRH-DXB-DEL/DEL-DOH-BEY/BEY-AUH-BOM and returning to Oman. All the layovers are less than 24 hours (just flying for fun to try the ME3) and I don't see any reason why I'd want to leave the airport. However, it seems I might still need a transit visa since these are separate tickets, right?

I have a Swedish passport, so I can get an e-tourist visa, but that's not ideal given the price. The flights leave on August 14, so I doubt I'd have time to send my passport to the embassy if that's required. I'd really appreciate some help/insight on that I can do.

Worst case scenario I'm considering flying ZRH-DXB and hopping off there, but I don't know if they'll even let me board the first flight without an Indian visa (maybe I can say I'm transmitting airside?). Then I'll drop the DEL-DOH avios booking and try the same just flying BEY-AUH with Etihad. Thoughts? Sorry - I know this is super convoluted.