Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Delhi Hotels

Delhi Hotels

Old Aug 29, 18, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by whimsey21 View Post
I was not very happy with Le Meridien. I had last stayed there about 10 years ago, at which time I found it cold and dated. I needed to be in the area for work and decided that I'd give it another go for the SPG points instead of staying at the Shangri-La. Its now even more dated (I'm sure it was very contemporary in the 80's) and I don't much like the "modernist" style; both the public spaces and the rooms didn't feel very comfortable. My room was also rather noisy, as the windows didn't seem to block out noise from outside the hotel, even though I was on the 7th floor). Lastly, the breakfast was very disappointing for an Indian high-end property. Limited selection and rather poor quality.
I have been also rather underwhelmed by LM Delhi. I'd rather stay at some of the Crowne Plazas there.
Old Sep 3, 18, 3:56 am

Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:06 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Srilu Uppari View Post
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
That is a very odd list. Definitely don't think 1,2 and 4 belong in the top 5 hotels in the city.

Some very obvious ones missing from your list are The Imperial, The Oberoi, The Taj Mahal, The Leela and The Lodhi. Just check all the Virtuoso participating hotels and you will usually get a fair idea of what is "best" in the city.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Sep 4, 18, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
That is a very odd list. Definitely don't think 1,2 and 4 belong in the top 5 hotels in the city.

Some very obvious ones missing from your list are The Imperial, The Oberoi, The Taj Mahal, The Leela and The Lodhi. Just check all the Virtuoso participating hotels and you will usually get a fair idea of what is "best" in the city.
i agree....number 4 won't be in my top 10 & numbers 1 & 2 won't even be in my top 20 hotels in the city....
Old Sep 4, 18, 7:09 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
One of them, maybe, the rest....just no
Old Sep 4, 18, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to decide between the Oberoi (not yet mentioned on this thread) and the Leela. Currently have cancelable reservations at both. Anyone got an opinion, particularly if you've stayed at both? I have reserved a club level room at both.
Old Sep 5, 18, 4:42 am

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
I'm trying to decide between the Oberoi (not yet mentioned on this thread) and the Leela. Currently have cancelable reservations at both. Anyone got an opinion, particularly if you've stayed at both? I have reserved a club level room at both.
If you can get Discovery Black via MasterCard World Elite concierge, then you will have 2 level upgrade at Leela.
Old Sep 6, 18, 10:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Both great options, stayed at both, but personally I prefer the Imperial or Taj purely for great F&B options in the properties. Some of those restaurants, (especially true in the Taj,) are definitely worth it by themselves! Note that Taj Palace club rooms are much more modern and recently renovated compared to Taj Mahal ones. Look into virtuoso if booking any of these.

Location can also be a factor. Leela and Taj Palace are more in the diplomatic area in the city center. (Wider, less congested roads, lots of roundabouts instead of traffic lights!) Taj Mahal too is very central near India Gate. The Oberoi slightly to the south.
Old Sep 8, 18, 7:53 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
If you are going to put up an anecdotal list at least do a google search to make sure it is close to actual data. IMO Leela, Oberoi and Taj are def in top 5, I don't like LM but some people swear by it so I'll include that too. I have not been to Lodhi but people rave about it and its too expensive for me anyway.

Oberoi and Lodhi are in relatively quieter and greener part, Leela is closer to diplomatic missions so food option are limited unless you want to take take a short metro ride/drive. I would recommend Oberoi if its your first time in Delhi because outside of Aman I think Oberoi does hospitality right way. You should be fine at any of these properties though so go with whichever makes most sense to you.