Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
E-Visa / ETA and 30 Day Single Entry Visa on Arrival in India

India new Visa On Arrival
(Actually advance online e-Tourist Visa with actual visa issued on arrival)
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for holders of passports of following countries and territories:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong SAR), China (Macau SAR), Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Eligibility
Citizens of the above-listed countries using ordinary passports from such countries when the sole objective of visiting India is one or more of the following: recreation (of most but not all sorts); sight seeing (in most of India); casual visit to meet friends or relatives (in most of India); short duration medical treatment; or casual visits for most (but not all) business purposes.

The passport should have at least six months' validity on the date of arrival.

International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

The visa is valid for a single entry for a stay of 30 days (from the date of entry) and cannot be extended.

Be sure to fill out your information very accurately! If there's anything off, you may be required to board the next flight out operated by your airline of entry.

Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.

Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.

E-TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1
Apply online
Upload Photo and Passport Page

Step 2
Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card

Step 3
Receive ETA Online
ETA Will be sent to your e-mail

Step 4
Print ETA and carry it for and on the flight to India so you can present it on arrival at the immigration desks.

This being India, it is the real experience on arrival that is critical, especially since this is a brand new operation.

We need datapoints for
- How long it took you to get through immigration?
- Any issues (human, bureaucratic or technological?)

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Evisa & Visa on arrival for India

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
As others have stated, does anyone know more details about the 'casual business' wording? I need to fly to BLR to interview with an Indian company and am not sure if that's covered under the evisa use case.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bioyuki
As others have stated, does anyone know more details about the 'casual business' wording? I need to fly to BLR to interview with an Indian company and am not sure if that's covered under the evisa use case.
That is my idea of "casual business". Purpose of trip? "A meeting." "What kind of meeting?" "Early stage meeting with a potential business partner who may want to retain my services for their business at some point in the future."
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:58 pm

The e-tourist Visa looks like a natural for me as a tourist, but I might arrive at one India airport, then fly to another city inside India before heading back to the states. I think the e-TV would permit this, but if anyone can tell me for sure one way or the other, I'll appreciate it.

Also, can I arrive and depart anytime in the one month window, or should I have exact travel dates before I apply?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:00 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

Question on step 3 in the process

Step 3
Receive ETA Online

I received an email yesterday saying my e-visa was granted. I then went to the site and printed out what I think is the e-visa (although looks more like an application). Is this the correct process or will I receive another email in the next few days with the visa as an attachment to that?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Steve_19
Hi All,

Question on step 3 in the process

Step 3
Receive ETA Online

I received an email yesterday saying my e-visa was granted. I then went to the site and printed out what I think is the e-visa (although looks more like an application). Is this the correct process or will I receive another email in the next few days with the visa as an attachment to that?

Thanks
That's it. No fancy pdf visa. Take the print out with you.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
My e-visa experience

Had a short "casual business" trip to India (BOM) recently.

Here's my experience. EU passport holder.

(1) Applied through online portal. Paid with CC.

(2) Response email granting visa came in about 24 hours. Simple email printout

(3) Check-in/Gate agent asked to see e-visa confirmation

(4) At arrival in BOM entered the immigration hall. There's a small glass enclosed section with Counters #1-8. That's where e-visa arrivals are processed (as well as diplomatic passports, or other special situations), not in the main section of the hall. I actually walked right by it and thankfully a staffer directed me there before I wasted too much time in the queue.

(5) Gave passport and e-visa confirmation to immigration officer. He also asked to see my boarding pass (showed him mobile b-pass it was fine). Took photo and fingerprints. No questions. That's it. Took about 3 minutes and there was no queue whatsoever. Faster than any other line in the immigration hall.

(6) On departure, they just asked if I'd come in on e-visa and that was it. Took another photo. Stamped passport and sent me on my way.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:12 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by extramileage
Had a short "casual business" trip to India (BOM) recently.

Here's my experience. EU passport holder.

(1) Applied through online portal. Paid with CC.

(2) Response email granting visa came in about 24 hours. Simple email printout

(3) Check-in/Gate agent asked to see e-visa confirmation

(4) At arrival in BOM entered the immigration hall. There's a small glass enclosed section with Counters #1-8. That's where e-visa arrivals are processed (as well as diplomatic passports, or other special situations), not in the main section of the hall. I actually walked right by it and thankfully a staffer directed me there before I wasted too much time in the queue.

(5) Gave passport and e-visa confirmation to immigration officer. He also asked to see my boarding pass (showed him mobile b-pass it was fine). Took photo and fingerprints. No questions. That's it. Took about 3 minutes and there was no queue whatsoever. Faster than any other line in the immigration hall.

(6) On departure, they just asked if I'd come in on e-visa and that was it. Took another photo. Stamped passport and sent me on my way.
Thank you - very helpful!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:06 pm

I can apply for the e-visa 30 days before arrival?

I scanned my passsport on my printer and tried to upload but it warns me of the size being too big. The application says size shouldn't be mroe than 300 but mine is above 400 no matter what in ADOBE reader.
How do I reduce the size to 300?

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven

I scanned my passsport on my printer and tried to upload but it warns me of the size being too big. The application says size shouldn't be mroe than 300 but mine is above 400 no matter what in ADOBE reader.

Thanks
This website did the trick

http://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven

Thanks
I scanned into jpg. Interested jpg to word.

Cropped a touch and saved as PDF. I did crop because first attempt was a little over 300k
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:11 pm

I was able to apply successfully and received email the next day saying" Granted" and it tells me to print it and take it with me.

Is this all I have to take? Doesn't look like any official document or receipt.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I have made a terrible mistake. I hope someone can help me.

My airplane tickets have me arriving in BOM on 2/10. I applied for a visa yesterday and I obviously messed up. They have granted me entry from today, 1/4 through 2/7. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the entry date by 3 days? I know I screwed up big and I feel terrible right now. It's night time in India right now and their offices are closed.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I have made a terrible mistake. I hope someone can help me.

My airplane tickets have me arriving in BOM on 2/10. I applied for a visa yesterday and I obviously messed up. They have granted me entry from today, 1/4 through 2/7. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the entry date by 3 days? I know I screwed up big and I feel terrible right now. It's night time in India right now and their offices are closed.
There is nothing you can do. Just apply afresh.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by MumbaiGuy101
There is nothing you can do. Just apply afresh.
Thanks MumbaiGuy. I reapplied on Sunday (yesterday) and today (Monday) my visa was granted.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
USA citizen. I have time to file for a regular visa, but wondering if:

(1) eVisa still leads to smaller lines than regular visa when landing at DEL? I'll be landing from ICN, 1am I think, if that could matter. In other words, any ADVANTAGE to using eVisa if I'm not in a rush?

(2) Any experience using eVisa paperwork with OZ when departing LAX or ICN? Are they familiar with the documentation? Korea is listed so I'm assuming/hoping they've seen it before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.