Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
E-Visa / ETA and 30 Day Single Entry Visa on Arrival in India

India new Visa On Arrival
(Actually advance online e-Tourist Visa with actual visa issued on arrival)
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for holders of passports of following countries and territories:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong SAR), China (Macau SAR), Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Eligibility
Citizens of the above-listed countries using ordinary passports from such countries when the sole objective of visiting India is one or more of the following: recreation (of most but not all sorts); sight seeing (in most of India); casual visit to meet friends or relatives (in most of India); short duration medical treatment; or casual visits for most (but not all) business purposes.

The passport should have at least six months' validity on the date of arrival.

International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

The visa is valid for a single entry for a stay of 30 days (from the date of entry) and cannot be extended.

Be sure to fill out your information very accurately! If there's anything off, you may be required to board the next flight out operated by your airline of entry.

Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.

Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.

E-TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1
Apply online
Upload Photo and Passport Page

Step 2
Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card

Step 3
Receive ETA Online
ETA Will be sent to your e-mail

Step 4
Print ETA and carry it for and on the flight to India so you can present it on arrival at the immigration desks.

This being India, it is the real experience on arrival that is critical, especially since this is a brand new operation.

We need datapoints for
- How long it took you to get through immigration?
- Any issues (human, bureaucratic or technological?)

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Evisa & Visa on arrival for India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Arrow Evisa & Visa on arrival for India

Finally

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/...7_1499158.html
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
good start....lets hope they can stick to the 2 year timeline to include the remaining countries....
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
This is great news... I was waiting for this to happen for my new years travel. Thanks and please keep us updated if you hear any new news.

To anyone who makes the trip to India with evisa please reply back here with your review of how smooth it went with e visa to India thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:44 am

Evisa starting for 28 countries November 27

great news... I was waiting for this to happen. To anyone who travels to India with this evisa program please reply back here with your reviews on how easy it was thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
It is a good start.
I wish that the evisa process would also apply to visitors not arriving by air, such as coming from cruises that stop in port cities like Goa and Mumbai. For those folks, myself included, the old fashioned process to obtain a visa is still the only option.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:16 pm

This is wonderful. Now I'll be able to visit India without the embassy hastle.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Keyser
good start....lets hope they can stick to the 2 year timeline to include the remaining countries....
First, let's hope it works on November 27th without some significant mess -- even for all the 28 countries' citizens for whom it is supposed to work.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: CX SL, SQ SL
Originally Posted by sxytxn
This is wonderful. Now I'll be able to visit India without the embassy hastle.
You still have to deal with them, just not in person, unless you're flagged for an in person interview. An authorization has to be obtained ahead of travel, fees paid, and probably supporting documents uploaded or posted.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I'm not holding my breath on it coming off on time. This is India.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GUWonder
First, let's hope it works on November 27th without some significant mess -- even for all the 28 countries' citizens for whom it is supposed to work.
that's true....
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:08 am
Original Poster

It's been announced!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
The TVOA details are available at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The instructions claim you can apply as close as four days before travel. I'm not sure I'd want to be the first to test that speed of delivery!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by slickvik
It's been announced!
It's gone live. Within the next week we should be getting reports about how the Indian ETA is working for the expanded list of countries' citizens who can use an Indian ETA and get the visa on arrival.

I found the absence of Swedes and Danes from the list rather particular, especially given the inclusion of Norwegians, Finns (from before) and Germans.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The beeb's (BBC) got it now:
India relaxes visas to boost tourism http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-30241487

Tourists from the US, Australia, Brazil, Germany and Japan are now able to get visas on arrival in India after its limited scheme was extended.

Visitors from 43 countries no longer have to queue up at local consulates, but can instead apply for their visas online and collect them at airports.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:54 pm

I wrote about this on my blog today, after someone forwarded an article by Quartz India to me. If anyone wants to comment or add more insights on the blog post, please feel free to do so.

I wouldn't really consider it a Visa on Arrival, but -- assuming it works as it's supposed to (and that's a big assumption), then that's a HUGE improvement. I am going to India for my first time in March, so this is one less big obstacle. Of course, there's still all the planning and the vaccines...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.