Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
E-Visa / ETA and 30 Day Single Entry Visa on Arrival in India

India new Visa On Arrival
(Actually advance online e-Tourist Visa with actual visa issued on arrival)
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for holders of passports of following countries and territories:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong SAR), China (Macau SAR), Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Eligibility
Citizens of the above-listed countries using ordinary passports from such countries when the sole objective of visiting India is one or more of the following: recreation (of most but not all sorts); sight seeing (in most of India); casual visit to meet friends or relatives (in most of India); short duration medical treatment; or casual visits for most (but not all) business purposes.

The passport should have at least six months' validity on the date of arrival.

International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

The visa is valid for a single entry for a stay of 30 days (from the date of entry) and cannot be extended.

Be sure to fill out your information very accurately! If there's anything off, you may be required to board the next flight out operated by your airline of entry.

Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.

Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.

E-TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1
Apply online
Upload Photo and Passport Page

Step 2
Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card

Step 3
Receive ETA Online
ETA Will be sent to your e-mail

Step 4
Print ETA and carry it for and on the flight to India so you can present it on arrival at the immigration desks.

This being India, it is the real experience on arrival that is critical, especially since this is a brand new operation.

We need datapoints for
- How long it took you to get through immigration?
- Any issues (human, bureaucratic or technological?)

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Evisa & Visa on arrival for India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
I applied for one (ive had them before) last week, and it gave me fits to try and process the payment. When I tried again it told me it was less than 4 days till travel so it couldn't process it. I emailed their support team and they said apply again. Will I still be able to travel with only an application number?

Can't get their helpdesk to answer, if they do they hang up after asking for the application number. Anyone here have any experience with this?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
That was sooooo painful. I had to get my family 5 processed, would be great if they had a capability to do as a family so that you didnt have to reenter the exact same details over and over and over. And Paypal was erroring out so I had to figure that out and use one of the other payment options. My work had gotten me a 10 year visa a while back and I had used that for quite some time after I had any work related trips, what a joy that was while it was valid.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
My approvals came through at roughly 70 hours. I had checked online several times including at about 65 hours and it wasn't yet showing as approved. Just FYI for others applying right now.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Couldn't find any details anywhere though...
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:19 pm

Tried googling for quite some time but not surewhat is correct answer as I am getting conflicting information (even checked out wikipedia pages)

It may be because of
a) google search results are dominated by service providers
b) confusion between evisa and regular visa
c) recent fee changes

So, for US Citizen, what exactly is fee for
30 days, 1 year and 5 year visa as of Jan 2020?

The official eVisa page does not seem to provide that info (may be it will tell you when it prompts for money to be paid after one has entered all personal infor (a lot of info), uploaded phot, etc (but it does ask you to select duration without telling you what fees are)

Thanks

Once confirmed, will edit the wiki as it doesnt seem to have been updated in 2 years
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by desi
Tried googling for quite some time but not surewhat is correct answer as I am getting conflicting information (even checked out wikipedia pages)

It may be because of
a) google search results are dominated by service providers
b) confusion between evisa and regular visa
c) recent fee changes

So, for US Citizen, what exactly is fee for
30 days, 1 year and 5 year visa as of Jan 2020?

The official eVisa page does not seem to provide that info (may be it will tell you when it prompts for money to be paid after one has entered all personal infor (a lot of info), uploaded phot, etc (but it does ask you to select duration without telling you what fees are)

Thanks

Once confirmed, will edit the wiki as it doesnt seem to have been updated in 2 years
One year e-visa for tourism for a US passport is USD40.

You'll find the prices for other passports, other durations here: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evis..._fee_final.pdf

Use the Indian government website to apply NOT the money-grabbing private companies set up to look like the official channel.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

It's tedious but with an hour to spare and a dollop of patience you'll get there.

I think there's a step by sep guide on Tripadvisor, taking you through some of the more puzzling questions you are required to answer.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:21 pm

Thanks

Did find answer on Indian Embassy in USA website.

Fees for normal visa depends on duration and reciprocity with different countries

fees for eVisa for Tourism for USA are as follows (last revised fall 2019):

10 USD for 30 days double entry visa during April to June
25 USD for 30 days double entry visa during July to March
40 USD for 1 year multiple entry visa
80 USD for 5 year nultiple entry visa

Advantage:
- dont have to deal with Consulate or that horrible vendor Cox and Kings
- dont need renunciation certificate stupidity for original desi crowd
- lot less hassle and very good speed (couple of days) especially compared to nightmare that OCI is
- most important: dont have to send US passport anywhere

Disadvantage:
- poorly performing website: for a nation that build software for the rest of the world, it is a pathetic website
- have to remember to take hard copy print out of the email on the first trip (typical of eVisa)
- clock start ticking from issue (not from the first entry)
- have to apply at least 4 days in advance (cannot be used in true enexpected emergency)
- reports of simultaneous holding of OCI and eVisa create entry/exit issues but can be solved with some time wasting
GUWonder and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by desi
Advantage:
- dont need renunciation certificate stupidity for original desi crowd
Wow, this is great. Where on the website did you find this?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
How long does the evisa process usually take?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
I don't have any references in India for my visa application... can I put Amanbagh or whatever hotel I decide to stay at before I book the hotel?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
I don't have any references in India for my visa application... can I put Amanbagh or whatever hotel I decide to stay at before I book the hotel?
I have just listed the “Manager” for the hotel you list as where you’re staying. Never had any follow up questions.

just applied for the 5-year e-visa and got approval in under 24 hours. $80 USD. I’ve applied for and received the one time e-visa three times in the past six years or so; each time took several days. This was the quickest approval.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Just applied for a couple e-tourist visas, entering end of this month. No cost and approval granted in less than 24 hrs.
Keyser likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
double post
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:06 am

Any idea when ban on Canada for e-Visa would be revoked?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I applied for a 30-day tourist e-visa yesterday, using the official website: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

It helps to have some pdf and jpg editing skills, because the website requires uploads within very specific file size parameters.

There was no cost. I put the hotel manager as my reference. The visa was granted about 20 hours later. Very pleased with the timing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.