FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1511193-mumbai-csia-bom-connection-departure-experience-reports.html)

johnnie69 Nov 19, 2014 7:04 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 23864537)
Did the Intl-Domestic Transfer in late October again. LH from MUC arrives realtively early (11.20am) just before the midnight rush. Immigration was absolutely no issue, luggage came out quick. 9W just accepted the LH luggage tag which was labelled to CCU and reissued the BP (I had checked online). A short walk past security and into the bus. Including two toilet breaks (one at the luggage belt and one past bus security, I was travelling with wife and kids) we did the entire gate to gate (deplaning LH aircraft to getting past T1B security) transfer in 65-70mins and then had a excruciating 2h wait till our flight boarded. :o

I can imagine the rush when all airlines arrive around midnight to 1am. :eek:

Thanks Oliver2002. We're 11:45am arrival, so hopefully we'll have the same smooth transfer. We are transferring to a LCC Indigo so not sure I can get bags checked through so will have to wait for them. Guess I'll have to check out the lounge in Domestic, does anyone know if it's any good?

oliver2002 Nov 19, 2014 7:46 am

IndiGo connections require you to take your luggage over yourself to T1A, but it should not be an issue. The contract lounge in T1B has been dismantled, they were setting up shops instead. :td: Don't know if T1A still has a contract lounge available.

aktchi Nov 19, 2014 8:42 am

Originally Posted by johnnie69 (Post 23864918)

Last time I did this, I had to pick up bags, go through customs, and then check them with Indigo in the International Terminal itself. Then x-ray the carry on, then board the shuttle to domestic.

As said, this was a while ago and oliver2002's information may be more up to date (ie, take all bags to domestic terminal).

Unless you are overly late, change some money in the international terminal.

I wouldn't expect any lounge. Just be grateful for the plastic chairs and coffee/snack counters. :)

oliver2002 Nov 19, 2014 9:49 am

Currently only AI and 9W have desks at BOM T2. Spicejet and Indigo pax have to carry their bags to the domestic terminal themselves.

aktchi Nov 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 23865980)
Currently only AI and 9W have desks at BOM T2. Spicejet and Indigo pax have to carry their bags to the domestic terminal themselves.

Thanks, that's a change for the worse and one more reason to book your continuing journey on AI or 9W.

rkj2106 Nov 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Has anyone used the baggage storage facilities at Mumbai airport? http://www.csia.in/atcsia/left-luggage.aspx

Thinking of storing some luggage while I do some domestic traveling within India.

GuyFromBOM Nov 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 23865158)
IndiGo connections require you to take your luggage over yourself to T1A, but it should not be an issue. The contract lounge in T1B has been dismantled, they were setting up shops instead. :td: Don't know if T1A still has a contract lounge available.

IndiGo is based at T1B.
T1A houses Air India & Go Air.

Having said that, IndiGo uses boarding gates from T1B & T1C.
T1B has no Lounge, but has a few coffee shops and a Kingfisher Good Times Bar (post-security), that offers Indian Buffet around lunch time.

T1C is reachable from the Upper Level to the right of T1B and has The Carnations Lounge (opp. Gate A2 / A4).

Check out the Lounge wiki for detailed info.

And yes, stick to the airport shuttle bus.

johnnie69 Nov 20, 2014 1:16 am

Thanks to you all for the advice, much appreciated
I will post back here with my experiences on the 2nd Dec when back in the UK.
I've also got GOI-BOM-CCU and BBI-BOM all on Indigo so will post my thoughts/experiences on those too.

Reiki master Nov 20, 2014 9:03 am

I will be travelling From France to New Delhi via Mumbai by Jet Airways... Flight will land Mumbai at 10:30 AM and connecting flight will be from Mumbai Terminal 1B at 13:10 , which is domestic airport terminal.

We want to meet some of our friends from Mumbai over there. Will we have to go outside of Domestic Airport or our friends can come to some lounge, where we can meet them and have a cup of tea together.

Will we have to go through all the security checks again and How much time it takes?

Please guide...

Thanks in Advance

rkj2106 Nov 20, 2014 9:54 am

You will have to meet your friends outside of the domestic terminal as in Mumbai the general rule is that only ticketed passengers are allowed into the terminal.

You will have to go to security again as you will be switching from international to domestic and will clear immigration at Mumbai International and then head to the domestic terminal where you will have to go back through security. I would check earlier posts but 1030 to 13:10 is adequate for transferring but not sure how much time you will have to relax with your friends.

joejoe666 Nov 22, 2014 3:26 am

Mumbai airport (BOM) connection/transfer/transit questions - dedicated thread

My aunt is flying...
JFK-AUH-BOM-AMD

Entire ticket is in 1 record locator
JFK-AUH (...edit..."EY")
AUH-BOM-AMD (9W)

Will she do customs in BOM or AMD?
Does luggage transfer to domestic automatically?
How do people transfer from int. to domestic? (Take a bus?)

GuyFromBOM Nov 22, 2014 3:43 am

Originally Posted by joejoe666 (Post 23880265)
My aunt is flying...
JFK-AUH-BOM-AMD

JFK-AUH (EK)
AUH-BOM-AMD (9W)

Customs & Passport Control at BOM T2.

Upon arrival, contact the 9W agent at the transfer desk. They will issue domestic boarding pass and guide her to the shuttle bus transfer point.

PS: incase she wants to avoid the T2->T1 transfer hassle at BOM, EY operates EY216 direct to AMD.

B747-437B Nov 22, 2014 8:45 am

Originally Posted by joejoe666 (Post 23880265)
My aunt is flying...
JFK-AUH-BOM-AMD

JFK-AUH (EK)
AUH-BOM-AMD (9W)

I'd be more concerned about her transfer in AUH than in BOM. If she is flying EK, then she will arrive in Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi and the service to Abu Dhabi is actually a bus. She will need to collect all her baggage in Dubai, go through immigration and customs (visa may be required depending on her nationality), carry it over to the bus and then go through the whole process again in Abu Dhabi. The bus stop in Abu Dhabi is also not at the airport, but rather at the Corniche so she will need to make her own way to the airport from there - a fairly lengthy taxi ride.

IMHO, this itinerary is a recipe for disaster. She should either rebook on EY for JFK-AUH nonstop, or else rebook on 9W from DXB-BOM. Trying to do the DXB-AUH shuffle is not recommended.

joejoe666 Nov 22, 2014 9:43 am

Mumbai airport (BOM) connection/transfer/transit questions - dedicated thread

Ahhh sorry typo...JFK-AUH (EY) not EK

joejoe666 Nov 22, 2014 9:45 am

She was originally book JFK AUH AMD (jet was starting direct flight AUH-AMD this year...now they delayed it to 2015 so they rebooked her like this.

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM (Post 23880294)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joejoe666

My aunt is flying...
JFK-AUH-BOM-AMD

JFK-AUH (EK)
AUH-BOM-AMD (9W)

Customs & Passport Control at BOM T2.

Upon arrival, contact the 9W agent at the transfer desk. They will issue domestic boarding pass and guide her to the shuttle bus transfer point.

PS: incase she wants to avoid the T2->T1 transfer hassle at BOM, EY operates EY216 direct to AMD.