FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1511193-mumbai-csia-bom-connection-departure-experience-reports.html)

sbryans605 Mar 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Thanks, everyone we have rebooked CMB-BOM. From what I understand, even if you are collecting baggage you need a transit/tourist visa?

PiperAtGatesofDawn Mar 17, 2024 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbryans605 (Post 36088177)
Thanks, everyone we have rebooked CMB-BOM. From what I understand, even if you are collecting baggage you need a transit/tourist visa?

Good on you. And yes, you'll need a visa to go landside no matter what the reason. :)

Keyser Mar 18, 2024 1:47 am

Originally Posted by sbryans605 (Post 36088177)

I used to do this a lot a number of years ago when 9W still existed. I had a Sri Lankan client whose board only approved tickets that would originate in CMB. So I would fly DEL-CMB on a separate ticket, spend a day or two there preparing for the case, then CMB-BOM-LHR-JFK-LHR-BOM-CMB on a separate ticket. The sectors to & from CMB were on 9W & to LHR were on VS. Finally they would book me on CMB-DEL on a separate ticket.

International to international transit in BOM was always a breeze. However, everything was on one ticket so there was never any problem. On separate tickets you would have to go through immigration in order to collect you bags & check them in again.

akober220 Apr 2, 2024 4:31 am

Trying to sort out my particular needs, hoping y’all can help.

This is an 6.5-hour overnight INTL-INTL BOM transfer, separate PNRs, SQ to EK (both F if that makes any difference). No checked bags, only hand baggage. 22:10 arrival, 04:30 departure.

From what I can gather, it seems like it may be wise to get an e-visa in case SQ needs to see it in Singapore. I’m also learning that a paper EK boarding pass may be required, but I can’t find any information about the hours of the Emirates transfer desk at BOM. I wonder if I could get it printed at SIN?

Finally, I made a reservation at Niranta, but I’m starting to think I may not even be eligible to use it as I’m not technically a transit passenger?

Any wisdom here would be so appreciated.

Acid Apr 4, 2024 11:55 am

Originally Posted by akober220 (Post 36128820)
Trying to sort out my particular needs, hoping y’all can help.

This is an 6.5-hour overnight INTL-INTL BOM transfer, separate PNRs, SQ to EK (both F if that makes any difference). No checked bags, only hand baggage. 22:10 arrival, 04:30 departure.

From what I can gather, it seems like it may be wise to get an e-visa in case SQ needs to see it in Singapore. I’m also learning that a paper EK boarding pass may be required, but I can’t find any information about the hours of the Emirates transfer desk at BOM. I wonder if I could get it printed at SIN?

Finally, I made a reservation at Niranta, but I’m starting to think I may not even be eligible to use it as I’m not technically a transit passenger?

Any wisdom here would be so appreciated.

EK boarding pass will be issued at the transfer desk in BOM (see pic above) - they will contact EK. For Niranta lounge - there are 2 options - one is airside(after transit security) and other one is in arrival landside.
I'd try and get into the F lounge a bit early - get on the waitlist for a Spa treatment and dine there.

ukdoctor Apr 17, 2024 3:50 pm

I have not connected at BOM for ages and I wonder if someone could help

Just booked a ticket on EK Arriving at BOM on EK and then connecting to AI to as i have to go IXE . ( all on a single ticket on EK )

From what i can see the flights shold be at the same terminal ( T2 ) and then clear immigration etc and then go to transit

But what happens to the bags .. Assume that I collect bags and then check in again.?

Do I have to check in online to the AI flight to IXE ?

AI sent me a whatsapp message with check in details as soon as I booked the ticket on EK .

oliver2002 Apr 17, 2024 11:47 pm

You go thru immigration collect your bag and hand it to AI at the transfer desk just after customs.