Wiki Posts
Search

Early check-in at DEL?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Early check-in at DEL?

How early can I check in for an ET flight?

Specifically for ET 688.

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
You will only be let into the terminal like three hours before the flight time. Beyond that, depends on when ET staff / whoever they outsource checkin to open up their counter.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Security will usually not let you into the terminal more than 4h before the flight.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I am actually taking the previous inbound from HGH, ET 689 arriving into DEL at 02:10.

Do you guys think that it will be possible not to clear immigration and stay airside and get to the transit desks to get my boarding pass issued for ET 688?

I have an Indian visa on standby if the answer is a negative but total clueless about what to do.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:37 am

Early check-in at DEL?

Best thing to do is try. Let us know how it works out.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Staying airside is no problem in DEL, however you will not be allowed to enter the general concourse and be held in a waiting area until they can find a ET agent to process you. Which should be no biggie if you are arriving on ET. Just try to catch a ET employee as you deplane.

The problem will be boarding the flight to DEL. ET has to make sure you have a visa, if you don't you won't be allowed to board @:-)

OTOH transit without visa should be possible since you are coming from China and later leaving for Ethopia:

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti...buser=DELTAB2C
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Staying airside is no problem in DEL, however you will not be allowed to enter the general concourse and be held in a waiting area until they can find a ET agent to process you. Which should be no biggie if you are arriving on ET. Just try to catch a ET employee as you deplane.

The problem will be boarding the flight to DEL. ET has to make sure you have a visa, if you don't you won't be allowed to board @:-)

OTOH transit without visa should be possible since you are coming from China and later leaving for Ethopia:

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti...buser=DELTAB2C
Thanks, will try to catch an ET employee upon landing in DEL.

I already do have a 6 month multiple entry visa to India so I still can clear immigration if I want.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
how much time do you have between flights????
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
how much time do you have between flights????
Around 8 hours.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:16 am

There are sleeping pods in the transit area that can be rented for 3hrs+ I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.