Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Earning UA miles on 9W SFO-PVG-BOM route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Flying SFO-PVG-BOM later this month and was wondering if that route doesn't qualify to earn MP miles?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...=%2Fjetairways
Beginning November 15, 2008, Jet Airways will become the newest Mileage Plus airline partner. Jet Airways is India's premnier international airline and currently flies to more than 60 destinations spanning the length and breadth of India and beyond including destinations in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.

Mileage Plus members can earn miles on Jet Airways flights from Toronto, Newark and New York JFK to Brussels and on to India (other routes from North America are excluded for mileage accrual). You can also earn miles on all of Jet Airways other international flights and on all of Jets domestic flights within India.

This seems to suggest SFO-PVG-BOM route will NOT accrue MP miles?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfducati
This seems to suggest SFO-PVG-BOM route will NOT accrue MP miles?
You get an A for logic
Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
its strange they have set up the partnership this way, but i guess it does not matter as SFO will stop. maybe UA didn't want SFO routes to earn miles as it is a UA hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.