Wiki Posts
Search

Kingfisher booking problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt Diamond
Kingfisher booking problem

I tried to book a flight from Delhi to Khajuraho on Kingfisher Airlines; however, the website did not accept my Visa cards. I called one CC company and was told that they did not see any attempted transaction from India. I called its toll free number, but nobody picked up the phone for 30 minutes. Is this normal? I don't think there's a problem with my CC cards.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:45 pm

Yes, I believe there are other threads about this. Use makemytrip.com.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:29 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by blue0131
I tried to book a flight from Delhi to Khajuraho on Kingfisher Airlines; however, the website did not accept my Visa cards. I called one CC company and was told that they did not see any attempted transaction from India. I called its toll free number, but nobody picked up the phone for 30 minutes. Is this normal? I don't think there's a problem with my CC cards.
I made some reservations through the Kingfisher website some time ago and had zero problems with my Amex (issued in Finland); did not try Visa, though.

Cheers,
T.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:17 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by blue0131
The KF website doesn't accept international credit cards - I tried to make a booking with them last week and called them when it rejected the credit card. It's a known problem for them and they reckon that they'll fix it "in some days" which here means some unspecified time in the future

I went to the airport ticket desk (had to go to airport for a flight anyway so not a special trip), as the only other way was to use a TA, who add on a fairly hefty commission here in India these days.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:10 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by expatboy
The KF website doesn't accept international credit cards - I tried to make a booking with them last week and called them when it rejected the credit card. It's a known problem for them and they reckon that they'll fix it "in some days" which here means some unspecified time in the future
Not strictly true; a non-Indian Amex works just fine (or, to be precise, worked fine in early November).

Cheers,
T.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt Diamond
I have U.S. based Visa cards. So there's no way for me to purchase the tickets unless I use travel agents? Don't they charge hefty fees? IT's toll free number doesn't work. I waited forever, but it seems like the number is bogus. I certainly expected more from a five-star carrier.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Thalassa
Not strictly true; a non-Indian Amex works just fine (or, to be precise, worked fine in early November).

Cheers,
T.
I stand corrected!

To the OP, it does suck, especially when Jet can manage it (and have for some time now). That said, BA only recently introduced overseas CC facility when booking flights starting in India, and if you want to book directly with Virgin then you have to go to their office downtown . You have no option but to use a TA, whether a virtual or physical one.

Good luck!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:01 pm

I booked a ticket on Kingfisher last night using a US issued Amex. The transaction did not go through, but a PNR was issued.

I was told to call them within the hour and fix the credit card issue. Spoke to a very helpful (but mechanical) agent (called the toll-free number in the US) and got it sorted out.

Quite annoying! (Especially will all their 5 star garbage)

In case it helps the OP, the number i called was 1-866-435-9532
Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
IT once had a lot of fake bookings, taking precautions I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.