Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways - liquids restrictions for domestic flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways - liquids restrictions for domestic flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Even though they allow liquids on board, I guess alcohol is prohibited otherwise how they do ensure someone does not make their coffee irish
Exactly
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:20 am

A couple of years ago, boarding a domestic 9W flight in DEL, I forgot that I had a bottle of water in my bag. I also had an empty plastic bottle in the same bag. They saw the water on the X-ray image, searched the bag casually as always, found the empty bottle, and let me go.

So I managed to sneak an illegal bottle of water through and could have blown up the plane with it.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: 9W Silver, AI Flying returns
I was carrying two Jack Daniel miniatures with me in Del. The security people made me throw them in the bins. So, i guess taking alcohol on board is prohibited in India unless you are lucky and they just casually check your bags. It was a huge insult that Jack had to face because of my carelessness
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Such a strange policy... is it banned on trains and buses as well?

Apparently so, but I have seen people drinking on trains. Weird.

Last edited by Mr. Bean; Sep 15, 2012 at 2:06 pm
Old Sep 15, 2012, 3:58 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean

Yes but it's not allowed in trains. You may complain and have those people arrested/pay a fine or both.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean

Originally Posted by shahadil
Yes but it's not allowed in trains. You may complain and have those people arrested/pay a fine or both.
Offically no alcohol allowed in trains, but you will surely find folks having it specially in the Ac coaches .. Heck, many a times you will also see the ticket inspector also enjoying a drink with these folks
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by indomitable
I was carrying two Jack Daniel miniatures with me in Del. The security people made me throw them in the bins. So, i guess taking alcohol on board is prohibited in India unless you are lucky and they just casually check your bags. It was a huge insult that Jack had to face because of my carelessness
thanks. good to know.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: 9W Silver, AI Flying returns
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Offically no alcohol allowed in trains, but you will surely find folks having it specially in the Ac coaches .. Heck, many a times you will also see the ticket inspector also enjoying a drink with these folks
+1. Last week, while travelling from BHO to DEL in Bhopal Express 2nd AC, i was about to lodge a complaint for my fellow travellers who were having vodka with limca and abusing continuously. To my utter surprise, the TTE joined them shortly and in fact asked me if i wanted to have a drink Looked like they were frequent travellers and the TTE knew them pretty well..
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by indomitable
+1. Last week, while travelling from BHO to DEL in Bhopal Express 2nd AC, i was about to lodge a complaint for my fellow travellers who were having vodka with limca and abusing continuously. To my utter surprise, the TTE joined them shortly and in fact asked me if i wanted to have a drink Looked like they were frequent travellers and the TTE knew them pretty well..
Yeah.. usually folks who go around doing this are usually frequent travellers and know their way around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.