Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways - liquids restrictions for domestic flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue

Hi -

I will be at some domestic flights next month (Jet Airways, India).

What are the current restrictions w.r.t. liquids/gels/cremes for Indian domestic flights?

I did find infos in this forum that are a couple of months old, and that state: same restrictions as currently applied with the EU.

Still valid?

Thanks and regards,
uisge
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by uisge
Hi -

I will be at some domestic flights next month (Jet Airways, India).

What are the current restrictions w.r.t. liquids/gels/cremes for Indian domestic flights?

I did find infos in this forum that are a couple of months old, and that state: same restrictions as currently applied with the EU.

Still valid?

Thanks and regards,
uisge
Hi uisge,

There usually is a restriction in place, but I frequently have a bottle (1 liter) of water in my bags, which they usually spot, and if sealed, let me through with it.

This is ex-BOM, and also sometimes ex-MAA, although MAA security is more strict.

It really varies at different airports, so very "hit and miss", actually!

The airport security is run by the CISF (Central Industrial Security Force), who is now present in most airports, else the local police are there instead (and usually more strict!), like in places as:

AMD
IXM

etc...
Old Nov 11, 2007, 5:59 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Usual EU rules apply .. small bottles in ziploc bags. You get served water quite frequently on board the plane anyway so that's not an issue.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 9:22 pm

I flew Sahara (then slowly becoming Jetlite) in July out of DEL, and they assured me that bottled water was not a problem. Indeed there was no problem. Why Jet is different I have no idea.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by kalia960
I flew Sahara (then slowly becoming Jetlite) in July out of DEL, and they assured me that bottled water was not a problem. Indeed there was no problem. Why Jet is different I have no idea.
All security procedures should be uniform, but they vary in implementation, but this is per airport only, and not by airline, unless Jet re-initiates their own secondary security screening, which *may* require to have a passenger's liquids be explained...
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Thank for the answers. Thus, I'll get a zippo bag prepared for securities.

Regards,
uisge
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
This is an old thread. But the question is exactly what I have.

Do the restrictions that apply to carry on liquids, similar to what the TSA enforces in the US i.e. small containers that fit into a quart sized zip loc?

Can I carry on an empty water bottle?

This is for travel within India primarily on Jet (9W).
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Yeah, that's the official policy, but with indian security, YMMV cannot be stressed enough. I've brought multiple water bottles before, and I've been stopped with a mango juice that was barely over the maximum allowed.

9W has no control over security, it is done by the Airport I believe.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Do the restrictions that apply to carry on liquids, similar to what the TSA enforces in the US i.e. small containers that fit into a quart sized zip loc?
no ziploc bags required here....but the bottle size requirements are the same as the us....

Can I carry on an empty water bottle?
yes you can....

This is for travel within India primarily on Jet (9W).
doesn't matter which airline you are traveling on....security is handled by the airport & not the airline....
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: FT
I like to carry a few of the 50ml bottles of some scotch in my carryon. As long as they are within the limits, is booze treated any differently than other liquids for domestic flights. Airports will be BLR, COK and MAA. 9w from blr to MAA to COK and AI to del from COK.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:15 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by mkjr
I like to carry a few of the 50ml bottles of some scotch in my carryon. As long as they are within the limits, is booze treated any differently than other liquids for domestic flights. Airports will be BLR, COK and MAA. 9w from blr to MAA to COK and AI to del from COK.
i don't know how many do you mean by a few. I recently saw airport security at BOM insisting on someone checking these in or throwing them away in Domestic segments.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:59 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by A2A
Originally Posted by mkjr
i don't know how many do you mean by a few. I recently saw airport security at BOM insisting on someone checking these in or throwing them away in Domestic segments.
But Those must have been duty free 1 litre bottles?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:35 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by shahadil
miniatures
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:20 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by A2A
Originally Posted by shahadil
miniatures
Oh!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by A2A
miniatures
Even though they allow liquids on board, I guess alcohol is prohibited otherwise how they do ensure someone does not make their coffee irish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.