Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Cannot find Air India booking details

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

My husband and I were booked on Air India from Chicago to Kolkata via Delhi originally on 28 January 2022. The flight was rescheduled to 3 February 2022. We had the same PNR number with two e-ticket numbers. However, today I tried looking up our booking on the AI website and only my husband's details show up, but not mine. I called AI and they say my details don't exist on their system. They transferred me to the ticketing department but no one came on line after a two hour hold.

Can someone please tell me what must have happened and what I should do in this case? I never got any kind of notification about a cancellation, if my ticket was at all cancelled.

Thank you so much.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:58 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Air India's website has been having glitches over the last few days so I would chalk it down to those. Wait a day or two to see if it returns.

AI call centres are heavily overloaded and unreliable these days - do you have access to a physical office nearby? They are better at resolving things in-person.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
If you are based in Chicago then AI has an office there. It may be worthwhile to pay them a visit.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. I tried calling them again today and the first person who connected told me that my booking was cancelled (even though it was the same PNR). I received no notification or email about this. Is it possible to claim a refund for my portion of the reservation?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:26 am

If the cancellation was not initiated by you, by all means you have the right to a full refund. But unless you want to cancel your travel I would push them to rebook and show them the original itinerary as proof that you had two tickets and not one. Again, better done at their office than over the phone but I would wait a day or two to confirm it isn't a system glitch.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by cynthia0
My husband and I were booked on Air India from Chicago to Kolkata via Delhi originally on 28 January 2022. The flight was rescheduled to 3 February 2022. We had the same PNR number with two e-ticket numbers. However, today I tried looking up our booking on the AI website and only my husband's details show up, but not mine. I called AI and they say my details don't exist on their system. They transferred me to the ticketing department but no one came on line after a two hour hold.

Can someone please tell me what must have happened and what I should do in this case? I never got any kind of notification about a cancellation, if my ticket was at all cancelled.

Thank you so much.

How was this resolved? I have the same issue, one of the connection sector is missing in my return flight booking. called Air India local office said the booking has been expired and asked to call headquarter in India number, no one picks up the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.