Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any idea if VS is enforcing bubble rules? I see no mention on their website on any restrictions on Indian nationals from travelling to US
Looking to book a one way BOM-LHR-JFK (India passport, US LPR)
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:44 am

I’m utterly confused by these air bubble rules just like all of you. I am an Indian citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen with OCI. We both live in the US and have green cards.

I booked us SEA-DOH-MAA on QR for January. Will we be allowed to take this? I think the answer is yes, on the basis of my husband’s OCI?

I haven’t yet booked the return but it seems like we will need to aim for a direct India-USA flight, right?
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Right now the government is not really enforcing the bubble nonsense and looking the other way. So anyone coming in is not harassed by the airlines.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Right now the government is not really enforcing the bubble nonsense and looking the other way. So anyone coming in is not harassed by the airlines.
Good to hear. I'll keep QR for the inbound then. But outbound has more harassment I guess?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by forthecookies; Nov 13, 2021 at 9:33 pm
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by forthecookies
Good to hear. I'll keep QR for the inbound then. But outbound has more harassment I guess?
No harassment outbound either. I know people who were Indian citizens and lprs who traveled back through Doha to the US without issue
SamirD and forthecookies like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by xobile
No harassment outbound either. I know people who were Indian citizens and lprs who traveled back through Doha to the US without issue
Wow, what is the point of even publishing all these farcical bubble regulations everywhere then?

I am actually considering booking DEL-YVR-SEA to head back. I have Aeroplan miles to use, and we technically qualify under the bubble criteria to fly to Canada anyway…
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by forthecookies; Nov 14, 2021 at 1:36 am
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Wow, what is the point of even publishing all these farcical bubble regulations everywhere then?

I am actually considering booking DEL-YVR-SEA to head back. I have Aeroplan miles to use, and we technically qualify under the bubble criteria to fly to Canada anyway…
May this point it’s just best to meet entry requirements for your flights either way and book.. the bubble rules around transport are being soundly ignored!!

there are a lot of flights rescheduled/cancelled etc so best to pick a transit point where you are allowed to enter per that country’s entry requirements..
SamirD and forthecookies like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by somebol
Now that Qantas has announced direct flights to DEL.
Will Australia be added to bubbles?
now AI announces 3x weekly from 15th (tomorrow).. rather sudden and rash.. assuming VBM as no bubble announcement..
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: EY

Because for every one person like you who is worried about the bubble but tech savvy enough to post about it on an online forum, there's a thousand others who don't know how to do that, and will blindly follow the published rules, because in all fairness to them, they don't know any other way and don't want to risk getting blocked. Plenty of people laborers and middle class in the Mideast still book with travel agents and pay with cash for example.
galaticos and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:39 pm

Hopefully more of this on the horizon:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/87770948.cms
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by galaticos
Hopefully more of this on the horizon:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/87770948.cms
I hope they decide soon. Fares are sky high on the international segments due to the artificial limits. Hope the bubble idiocy stops soon.
galaticos and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
I hope they decide soon. Fares are sky high on the international segments due to the artificial limits. Hope the bubble idiocy stops soon.
don't expect it for a few months....a lot of airlines are pushing for it to happen from next month but our government couldn't be bothered....
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
don't expect it for a few months....a lot of airlines are pushing for it to happen from next month but our government couldn't be bothered....
Oh? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me...

Yes, all flights are going/coming chock-a-block! It's incredible!
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Maybe the fanatic worldwide followers of this leadership would try to knock some sense into them. The last leg into India is so darn expensive, that is if you can find space.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Maybe the fanatic worldwide followers of this leadership would try to knock some sense into them. The last leg into India is so darn expensive, that is if you can find space.
There's absolutely no (revenue) biz space available on most days...
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.