Connecting to SpiceJet in CMB

Old Oct 10, 19, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Connecting to SpiceJet in CMB

I have booked this itinerary - ICN to KUL to CMB to MAA.

ICN - KUL - CMB is on Malaysia Airlines, same ticket
CMB - MAA is on SpiceJet, separate ticket
And my layover in CMB is 3 hours.

My questions:

Is there a transfer desk for SpiceJet where I can get my boarding pass? Or will I be able to do online checkin for the SpiceJet flight and show the mobile boarding pass on my phone?

And how strict is SpiceJet when it comes to carry-on luggage weight? I won't have any checked luggage, but my carry-on backpack will be above their 7kg limit. What happens if they ask me to check in my backpack? Will I have to get my Visa-on-arrival, clear immigration and customs to check in my bag? Or can I do it airside?

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 19, 1:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No webcheckin for international flights, so you will have to look for a transfer desk in CMB. As long as the backpack is on your back no one will check your bags weight.
Old Oct 11, 19, 12:08 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
There are transfer desks in CMB but it might be good if can let SG CMB know in advance your schedule.

Also, nobody is going to weigh your carryon while you’re transiting so you should be ok on that front.
Old Oct 11, 19, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have transited through cmb many times over the last 3 years & have used the transfer desk a number of times....they don't bother to check carry on bag weight....

Search this Thread