FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Connecting to SpiceJet in CMB (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1990838-connecting-spicejet-cmb.html)

kuMAAr Oct 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Connecting to SpiceJet in CMB

I have booked this itinerary - ICN to KUL to CMB to MAA.

ICN - KUL - CMB is on Malaysia Airlines, same ticket
CMB - MAA is on SpiceJet, separate ticket
And my layover in CMB is 3 hours.

My questions:

Is there a transfer desk for SpiceJet where I can get my boarding pass? Or will I be able to do online checkin for the SpiceJet flight and show the mobile boarding pass on my phone?

And how strict is SpiceJet when it comes to carry-on luggage weight? I won't have any checked luggage, but my carry-on backpack will be above their 7kg limit. What happens if they ask me to check in my backpack? Will I have to get my Visa-on-arrival, clear immigration and customs to check in my bag? Or can I do it airside?

Thanks.

oliver2002 Oct 11, 2019 1:33 am

No webcheckin for international flights, so you will have to look for a transfer desk in CMB. As long as the backpack is on your back no one will check your bags weight.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Oct 11, 2019 12:08 pm

There are transfer desks in CMB but it might be good if can let SG CMB know in advance your schedule.

Also, nobody is going to weigh your carryon while you’re transiting so you should be ok on that front.

Keyser Oct 11, 2019 12:28 pm

i have transited through cmb many times over the last 3 years & have used the transfer desk a number of times....they don't bother to check carry on bag weight....

quarryking Oct 30, 2019 7:19 am

Originally Posted by kuMAAr (Post 31615296)
I have booked this itinerary - ICN to KUL to CMB to MAA.

ICN - KUL - CMB is on Malaysia Airlines, same ticket
CMB - MAA is on SpiceJet, separate ticket
And my layover in CMB is 3 hours.

My questions:

Is there a transfer desk for SpiceJet where I can get my boarding pass? Or will I be able to do online checkin for the SpiceJet flight and show the mobile boarding pass on my phone?

And how strict is SpiceJet when it comes to carry-on luggage weight? I won't have any checked luggage, but my carry-on backpack will be above their 7kg limit. What happens if they ask me to check in my backpack? Will I have to get my Visa-on-arrival, clear immigration and customs to check in my bag? Or can I do it airside?

Thanks.

There is a transfer desk, but not sure how they would handle this as Spicejet has a very small presence in CMB & i think the transfer desk typically handles Sri lankan Airlines Transfers and the usual transfer within the Big 3 Airline alliances.
Assuming your KUL - CMB flight is on time, you should still be OK time wise in case, worst case scenario you need to re-check in for the CMB - MAA leg.

But as PiperAtGatesofDawn has suggested, worthwhile to try and let Sg CMB know in advance.