Search

Indigo and ticket numbers

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Indigo and ticket numbers

A friend in india needs the e-ticket number for an international trip, but couldn't find one attached to his online booking confirmation. Money was taken and the trip confirmed some time ago. He called me in a bit of a panic because Indigo told him they do not issue ticket numbers, only the PNR.

Can anyone shed light on this oddness ?
Old May 18, 2019, 11:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This is absolutely correct. GDS'es (like Navitaire or Redixx) used by low cost carriers are totally ticketless. PNR is your only confirmation.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
This is absolutely correct. GDS'es (like Navitaire or Redixx) used by low cost carriers are totally ticketless. PNR is your only confirmation.
I communicated that nugget back to Mumbai, where it turns out that ticket numbers are integral part of applying for online VOA for UAE. A bit of a pickle .....
Old May 19, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I communicated that nugget back to Mumbai, where it turns out that ticket numbers are integral part of applying for online VOA for UAE. A bit of a pickle .....
does your friend have a us visa or green card????
Old May 20, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
does your friend have a us visa or green card????
His application had been knocked because his sponsor (his brother - a doctor resident in UAE) had used the PNR where a ticket number had been requested on the visa form, which i think goes through Etihad atever airline you travel on. The application as knocked back and both brothers entered panic mode. I calmed the Mumbai one down by suggesting he'd not be the first Indian visitor to the Gulf travelling low-cost, and suggested his brother contact the ministry, or Etihad, for clarification. That's what he did and it was all sorted out within a day.

I was involved simply because I'd helped them sort out the original (Jet) tickets, or at least minimised their losses by finding the Indigo seats. No good deed goes unpunished, so I'm pleased to avoid being blamed for screwing up the trip
Old May 20, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
His application had been knocked because his sponsor (his brother - a doctor resident in UAE) had used the PNR where a ticket number had been requested on the visa form, which i think goes through Etihad atever airline you travel on. The application as knocked back and both brothers entered panic mode. I calmed the Mumbai one down by suggesting he'd not be the first Indian visitor to the Gulf travelling low-cost, and suggested his brother contact the ministry, or Etihad, for clarification. That's what he did and it was all sorted out within a day.

I was involved simply because I'd helped them sort out the original (Jet) tickets, or at least minimised their losses by finding the Indigo seats. No good deed goes unpunished, so I'm pleased to avoid being blamed for screwing up the trip
great....glad it all worked out....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.