FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Indigo and ticket numbers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1970269-indigo-ticket-numbers.html)

IAN-UK May 18, 2019 11:15 am

Indigo and ticket numbers

A friend in india needs the e-ticket number for an international trip, but couldn't find one attached to his online booking confirmation. Money was taken and the trip confirmed some time ago. He called me in a bit of a panic because Indigo told him they do not issue ticket numbers, only the PNR.

Can anyone shed light on this oddness ?

TPJ May 18, 2019 11:44 am

This is absolutely correct. GDS'es (like Navitaire or Redixx) used by low cost carriers are totally ticketless. PNR is your only confirmation.

IAN-UK May 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 31114601)
This is absolutely correct. GDS'es (like Navitaire or Redixx) used by low cost carriers are totally ticketless. PNR is your only confirmation.

I communicated that nugget back to Mumbai, where it turns out that ticket numbers are integral part of applying for online VOA for UAE. A bit of a pickle .....

Keyser May 19, 2019 9:18 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 31114709)
I communicated that nugget back to Mumbai, where it turns out that ticket numbers are integral part of applying for online VOA for UAE. A bit of a pickle .....

does your friend have a us visa or green card????

IAN-UK May 20, 2019 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 31116760)
does your friend have a us visa or green card????

His application had been knocked because his sponsor (his brother - a doctor resident in UAE) had used the PNR where a ticket number had been requested on the visa form, which i think goes through Etihad atever airline you travel on. The application as knocked back and both brothers entered panic mode. I calmed the Mumbai one down by suggesting he'd not be the first Indian visitor to the Gulf travelling low-cost, and suggested his brother contact the ministry, or Etihad, for clarification. That's what he did and it was all sorted out within a day.

I was involved simply because I'd helped them sort out the original (Jet) tickets, or at least minimised their losses by finding the Indigo seats. No good deed goes unpunished, so I'm pleased to avoid being blamed for screwing up the trip :)

Keyser May 20, 2019 10:24 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 31119981)
His application had been knocked because his sponsor (his brother - a doctor resident in UAE) had used the PNR where a ticket number had been requested on the visa form, which i think goes through Etihad atever airline you travel on. The application as knocked back and both brothers entered panic mode. I calmed the Mumbai one down by suggesting he'd not be the first Indian visitor to the Gulf travelling low-cost, and suggested his brother contact the ministry, or Etihad, for clarification. That's what he did and it was all sorted out within a day.

I was involved simply because I'd helped them sort out the original (Jet) tickets, or at least minimised their losses by finding the Indigo seats. No good deed goes unpunished, so I'm pleased to avoid being blamed for screwing up the trip :)

great....glad it all worked out....