Case of the missing JP Miles

Old Jun 21, 18, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue, 9W BP
Thumbs down Case of the missing JP Miles

I had traveled along with the missus from KWI - HYD & back (March end / April 2018) on 9W .
The strangest things happened post travel - my better half, whose JP account I had created prior to the travel - was credited promptly with the JP miles + bonus miles etc .
My account ( ~ 5 years old) - has been a different story .
Return miles never got credited - Mail 1 to JPSC, miles credited in 1 week.
Next month (May), browsing online for summer fares, to my horror - the onward miles were missing. Mail 2 to JPSC, miles back in the next week.
June - browsing for autumn fares - return miles gone missing again. Mail 3 to JPSC , waiting for response.

Anyone else having the same problem with JP ? Is there a problem with the IT ?
I fear after 3 months if the miles go missing again , JPSC will not honor the missing miles claim and the miles will be lost .

Thank you !
Old Jun 21, 18, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i had something similar happen in my son's account last year but it was resolved promptly & the miles didn't disappear again....

i suggest you keep a copy of all your previous mails so that can be your point of reference in case the miles go missing again....
chuckiekwi likes this.
Old Jun 25, 18, 5:48 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Why are you emailing them? You can claim the missing miles online instantly by entering your flight info. Iíve found that to be the easiest way to do this. Have you tried this already?
chuckiekwi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 18, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue, 9W BP
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Why are you emailing them? You can claim the missing miles online instantly by entering your flight info. Iíve found that to be the easiest way to do this. Have you tried this already?
Thank you, tried that already, get an error because one leg was international and the other domestic (KWI-BOM-HYD).

Got back the miles though, need to monitor and see if their July end of month batch again removes the miles.
Old Aug 3, 18, 8:51 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Jet has been a constant source of headache..
I have had so much trouble with them these last couple of months.. and unfortunately, my travel is such that I have to take Jet Airways.. now I am about to be Plat with them, im frustrated beyond belief.. they have suspended my account for no reason and are not giving me a straight answer.. it's so annoying having to fly with this airline..

I already gave up hope of my missing miles and upgrade vouchers which are lost in transit since forever.. every time I have to fly with them I just tell muself - take a deep breath and forget this is a full service airline.. this is a glorified RyanAir, keep your expectation low.. that's the only way to get through with it..
Old Aug 10, 18, 5:18 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch View Post
I have had so much trouble with them these last couple of months.. and unfortunately, my travel is such that I have to take Jet Airways.. now I am about to be Plat with them, im frustrated beyond belief.. they have suspended my account for no reason and are not giving me a straight answer.. it's so annoying having to fly with this airline..
What was the trouble you had? Did they send any email / or call you on the suspension?
Old Sep 7, 18, 12:20 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
What was the trouble you had? Did they send any email / or call you on the suspension?
They did not send anything.. i got the error message after I tried to log in and found my login is blocked.. they did not even have the courtesy to send an email saying my account is suspended.. My earlier trouble was missing miles from a promo.. then they suspended my account for "suspicious activity".. then again missing miles from tier bonus.. all 3 cases, they decided they did everything right and I am wrong in claiming anything..

Anyways, after a few weeks of more annoyance, my account got activated.. and I decided, it's better to spend a few extra bucks and travel emirates, than continue with their drama.. for an airline on the verge of going down, they really know how to drive customers away.. my full fare business class travel and enough ticket booking to show I will be plat soon, just wasn't good enough for them..
Old Sep 10, 18, 2:09 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch View Post
They did not send anything.. i got the error message after I tried to log in and found my login is blocked.. they did not even have the courtesy to send an email saying my account is suspended.. My earlier trouble was missing miles from a promo.. then they suspended my account for "suspicious activity".. then again missing miles from tier bonus.. all 3 cases, they decided they did everything right and I am wrong in claiming anything..

Anyways, after a few weeks of more annoyance, my account got activated.. and I decided, it's better to spend a few extra bucks and travel emirates, than continue with their drama.. for an airline on the verge of going down, they really know how to drive customers away.. my full fare business class travel and enough ticket booking to show I will be plat soon, just wasn't good enough for them..
Did you get all your claims including bonuses?
Old Sep 21, 18, 11:47 am
Used to be ' simz '

Nope.. did not get anything.. only thing I got was my account opened again after being wrongfully blocked... in all cases where I complained that I haven't received the correct miles, with proper proof/documentation/etc., they still decided to rule against me... some of their emails are so dumb, you realize that they are not even paying attention to the actual content of your email.. i just got frustrated and gave up...