Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:40 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I am not 100% but I think HDFC awards points in multiples of 150, also any transaction under Rs 150 earns nothing.
I looked at my statement. So it seems like HDFC DCB gives points rounding DOWN to the nearest 150. So spending Rs. 299 would get you only 5 points. Whereas with Citi who round to the nearest 100 - spending Rs. 299 would get you 12 points on Prestige!

I seems in practical terms there is a much bigger difference between DCB's 3.3% and Prestige's 4% reward rates assuming of course you're doing a large number or transactions.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I looked at my statement. So it seems like HDFC DCB gives points rounding DOWN to the nearest 150. So spending Rs. 299 would get you only 5 points.
Ugh.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Anyone know if Indian income tax payments (which I believe can now be made via credit card) earn HDFC points?

(also x-posted on the Citibank thread)
BTW if anyone else was thinking of paying their taxes using a CC, forget it. The site now accepts only debit cards and netbanking payments.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Imagine/Tresor (Apple) has been added as a 5X partner through Smartbuy.
"1. This redirection holds good only for Imagine|Tresor module via SmartBuy. Hence, 5X RP/5% CB benefit would only be applicable for Imagine|Tresor via SmartBuy.
2. The payment modes for Imagine|Tresor have been restricted to only HDFC Bank payment methods. No other payment instruments can be utilised here. This again would only be applicable for Imagine|Tresor via SmartBuy."
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:54 am

They've taken Swiggy off the 10X partner list for Diners. And the 3X Payzapp thing appears to have become semi-permanent, though with confusing T&C. In one place it seems to imply 3X is valid only on Big Basket, Goibibo and a couple of other places. In the detailed T&C, it says no such thing and seems to suggest the 3X will apply wherever Payzapp payments are accepted.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I'm quite disappointed about Swiggy. They had said they were partners right through 2021. Shame the contract got killed early.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I'm quite disappointed about Swiggy. They had said they were partners right through 2021. Shame the contract got killed early.
Agreed! I normally check the list of partners at the start of every month but didn't this month since they said Swiggy would be a partner through 2021! Lost out on the 5X I could have gotten using vouchers instead.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Are 10X rewards over? I just checked the following linkhttps://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privileges#0

Smart buy is still there, but the whole 10X section is gone.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:20 am

They had dropped the whole 10x rewards once before a year or so into the pandemic. Since they brought it back they had really really terrible partnerships. Who wants to pay full marked prices to Crocs & Seiko when you buy them at half or one third the price at any online retailer. Just made no sense. I miss Swiggy but that was already knocked off the list a couple of months ago.

Has anyone been using the 10x in it's last avatar?

Hopefully they will bring it back with some better partnerships this time. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:09 am

I was able to use pepperfry and zoom car a few times.

I was hoping for better partners but nothing now.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:43 am

Now Instant Vocuhers are down to 3X and there is a daily cap of 2500 points on DCB
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Now Instant Vocuhers are down to 3X and there is a daily cap of 2500 points on DCB
They have devalued everything others than hotels. Infinia is much better now. Multipliers are higher and the daily cap is 7500 points.

Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:51 am

Any news about the long-rumoured Galaxia? I expect there will be a stampede of people trying to upgrade to the Infinite from DCB now.
raji likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:39 am

After axing Amazon & Flipkart - accelerators. DCB continues to slash benefits - now max 2k RP on property services (rent etc.) payment and 10% to max Rs. 500 per month for Dineout! Bah!

Now we need a complicated matrix chart to look up and decide when to pay with DCB and when to use Citi Prestige!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:09 pm

I have stopped using DCB now, for anything that we can do on smartbuy, we use my wife's Infinia.

Citi prestige is the default card for us now.

I tried to upgrade my DCB to Infinia coz Citi Prestige doesn't have lot of runway left, but HDFC declined saying I must spend atleast 7.5 L in 6 months to qualify for upgrade to Infinia.

My spends are lot lower now coz of lack of business travel (my company allowed using personal cards)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.