Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

How many miles in JetPrivilege account to search Jet Airways award space?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

I am looking to book a flight from DEL to EWR and would like to use my United miles on Jet Airways.

However, I believe you need some number of Jet Airways miles in your JetPrivilege account before you can access the Jet Airways award search engine.

Does anyone know what the miles minimum deposit is? I could transfer some miles from Membership Rewards to get started. Also, is it safe to assume that if an award shows as available on Jet Airways, it is bookable with United miles? Thank you!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
You can access the Jet Airways search engine to redeem only JP Miles in your Jet Privilege account. To redeem JP Miles you need to accumulate 3500 miles plus have 2 activities on Jet or its program partners.

To use United miles on Jet Airways, you need to contact United.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...indiansub.aspx
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by VishArya
Also, is it safe to assume that if an award shows as available on Jet Airways, it is bookable with United miles? Thank you!
its not at all safe to assume that....jet is very poor with award availability for partner airlines....

another option is to use your miles to book del-jfk on ai, now that they are part of star alliance....as of late i've found ai to be better than 9w....
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by MumbaiGuy101
You can access the Jet Airways search engine to redeem only JP Miles in your Jet Privilege account.
Not true. You need certain minimum amount of JP miles which I believe is 5k to make award search.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by murtuza
Not true. You need certain minimum amount of JP miles which I believe is 5k to make award search.
not true actually....once you have completed 2 (or maybe 3) activities then you can have less than 5k miles & still search for award availability....

i'm down to less than 1k miles now & can still search....
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by Keyser
not true actually....once you have completed 2 (or maybe 3) activities then you can have less than 5k miles & still search for award availability....

i'm down to less than 1k miles now & can still search....
That's interesting and weird . I had two recent flights and earned total 3750 miles (includes 500 bonus miles) in my account, but not able to search flights online.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by murtuza
That's interesting and weird . I had two recent flights and earned total 3750 miles (includes 500 bonus miles) in my account, but not able to search flights online.
as i posted in another thread recently, here is what the t&c say:

9.15.2 Members can redeem JPMiles for various redemption facilities on accumulating 3,500 JPMiles and 2 activities on Jet Airways, JetKonnect, Jet Airways Codeshare flights and on programme partners.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
It's been sometime since I checked 9W availability with UA, but if they still need 24 hours to get a confirmation, you can call AA and check availability with them and then call UA. With AA the information is instant.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA Fan
It's been sometime since I checked 9W availability with UA, but if they still need 24 hours to get a confirmation, you can call AA and check availability with them and then call UA. With AA the information is instant.
I booked a Jet award ticket using my AA miles (called AA to book). Instant ticketing no issues.

Please try to ticket asap, my award hold have been canceled by Jet multiple times (AA said they had no clue why jet canceled them)
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:33 pm

If I do two separate transfers of points from my SPG acct to JetPrivilege acct, does anyone know whether they would consider that as 2 activities for purposes of booking award travel?

thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.