Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Official India-based Airlines Award Availability Check Request Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official India-based Airlines Award Availability Check Request Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:23 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by Keyser
....you can only transfer to your account....but you can link your spouses ai account with yours & pool the miles....
Where is the option to link your spouse account.. I tried finding it, but din see any such option..

I found the profile section, where you can update your spouses membership number, but it's greyed out and won't let you type in anything..

Last edited by Flyfromscratch; Apr 11, 2014 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Where is the option to link your spouse account.. I tried finding it, but din see any such option..

I found the profile section, where you can update your spouses membership number, but it's greyed out and won't let you type in anything..
its best to call them & get it done....
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:53 am
Used to be ' simz '

Has anyone ever cancelled an AI reward booking ?? I need to make a speculative booking and was wondering if I need to cancel, what the process would be (can I do it online or do I need to call ??) and what is the cancellation penalty (in miles and rupees)..
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:39 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Has anyone ever cancelled an AI reward booking ?? I need to make a speculative booking and was wondering if I need to cancel, what the process would be (can I do it online or do I need to call ??) and what is the cancellation penalty (in miles and rupees)..
i am also looking for the same answer
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you can do it by calling or online....the cancellation penalty is normally 500 miles but its waived for elites....
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:12 am
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by Keyser
you can do it by calling or online....the cancellation penalty is normally 500 miles but its waived for elites....
wow.. very reasonable.. i found this in their terms and conditions too.. but had little faith on that.. practical experience trumps..
Old May 19, 2014, 1:59 am

Hi Guys, I would like to know how much AirIndia charges over and above the Miles requirement for Delhi-LHR-Delhi, Delhi-New York-Delhi and Delhi-Bangkok-Delhi. I do not hav sufficient miles to check the amount. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old May 22, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Miles and More FF, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Jet Airways Silver
I want to book domestic award ticket on jet airways, but I have seen they usually unlock award ticket seats 1-2 days before the travel.

Is the inventory if award tickets shown correctly on jet airways portal.

Can I call them and ask for award ticket booking, will this make a difference.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:11 am
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by akshayg1
I want to book domestic award ticket on jet airways, but I have seen they usually unlock award ticket seats 1-2 days before the travel.

Is the inventory if award tickets shown correctly on jet airways portal.

Can I call them and ask for award ticket booking, will this make a difference.
From my experience, the award ticket availability shows correctly on their online portal.. don't think calling will make any difference at all..
Old May 23, 2014, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by akshayg1
I am aware that I can always book days in advance for whatever limited availability they have.

But is it true, that the Jet awards are re-opened 1-2 days before the travel day?
Old May 28, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
9W last minute award availability in F? Booking Class R?

This is around the winter holidays, so I don't have my hopes up. I got 2 award tickets (through AAdvantage) in F from the US to BOM connecting in LHR.

There was only 1 seat in F available for LHR-BOM so I took it and did a "voluntary downgrade" (AA terminology) to J for the other. AA assures me that the award is shown as an F award. (It actually saves miles to do this because if I kept the TATL F and 9W J then it would price out as two awards, 62.5K+30K =92.5K miles; whereas an AA F award to India is 90K miles one way).

Questions:
1. Apparently it is routine for 9W to only have 1 F award open. How full are the F cabins and what is 9W's procedure and priority order for releasing the seats? (I imagine their own elite FFs get priority; if it helps I an AA PLT/OneWorld Emerald).

2. The one seat in F shows class R (and shows up on AA.com as "Economy" !) The AA agent assured me that it was booked in First. Is there a list of Jet Airways award classes anywhere? (The other reservation in Premiere shows "D").

Thanks in advance!!!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:25 am
Used to be ' simz '

Query about AI redemption/ticket booking:

1. Do they charge the same number of miles for a child booking, as an adult booking, or like Jet, they charge 50% ??

2. I am trying to book an award flight for 1 adult, 1 child, but they have only one award seat available. So I thought I will book 1 award ticket and 1 revenue ticket. But their system is not letting me book for a child alone either as an award or as a revenue ticket. Anyone knows a work around ..??
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. Do they charge the same number of miles for a child booking, as an adult booking, or like Jet, they charge 50% ??
same for adult & child....

2. I am trying to book an award flight for 1 adult, 1 child, but they have only one award seat available. So I thought I will book 1 award ticket and 1 revenue ticket. But their system is not letting me book for a child alone either as an award or as a revenue ticket. Anyone knows a work around ..??
book the adult ticket online & then call them to book the child ticket....
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:27 pm

based in Canada - have I redemption questions now that AI will join STAR A

I understand that from the AI website you need 90,000 miles for a business class ticket YYZ to DEL. However it does not say if that is a return trip. Does a return trip cost 180,000 miles in business class.

I also understand that one can buy AI miles at the rate of 1 INR per mile is there a maximum you can buy.

I guess it will be to early to speculate the cost in miles of an AI reward ticket on a *A. However if one can buy AI at 1 INR per mile it might make it worth topping up my Flying Returns to fly a *A carrier.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:57 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by concol
I understand that from the AI website you need 90,000 miles for a business class ticket YYZ to DEL. However it does not say if that is a return trip. Does a return trip cost 180,000 miles in business class.

I also understand that one can buy AI miles at the rate of 1 INR per mile is there a maximum you can buy.

I guess it will be to early to speculate the cost in miles of an AI reward ticket on a *A. However if one can buy AI at 1 INR per mile it might make it worth topping up my Flying Returns to fly a *A carrier.
buying miles is not an online process if I remember it correct, and they placed a cap of 50% miles in account as the number of AI miles you can buy. the mileage is one way quoted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.