Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Review Thread - Air India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I think they must get a kick out of sending pax back and forth, because ultimately it takes them longer to solve each issue than if just they handled it themselves.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Glad it worked out. Am sorry about the horrible ground experience but considering sats handles ground handling at Delhi, and not pure old air India guys, it should have been a better experience. Maybe a complain on the air India Facebook page or a copy of above review to their email address, with copy to CMD? you want to try and see where it takes you.

They have been trying to improve J load factors and the fact that you almost were not going to get it, speaks really sadly of the ground affairs.
will send in the email....lets see what happens....

On an off topic note, are you there for the race?
yup....my clients are sponsoring a corporate box so they invited me for the race....
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:24 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Damn, when in the world am I going to get a paddock pass to one of these events?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Me and my team have on separate occassions have had EXACTLY the same experience at DEL with the paid upgrade.

There is a middle-aged lady AI employee who supervises the SATS girls in the ticketing office: i put down my experience entirely to her incompetence.

In my case I refused to schlepp back for the third time to the payment counter from the checkin counter. The shift supervisor got off his chair and did the needful!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Damn, when in the world am I going to get a paddock pass to one of these events?
will probably go again next year....let me know if you are interested & i can ask for an extra pass....
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:47 am
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by Keyser
Quote:

will probably go again next year....let me know if you are interested & i can ask for an extra pass....
Haha, awesome. A paddock pass anywhere in the world court me in.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

another ai flight & another extremely disappointing experience....

flew ixd-del earlier today (monday)....i booked the ticket on saturday evening & at that point the flight was to leave at 12:20pm....a few hours after booking the ticket i got an sms stating that the flight had been delayed to 1:30pm....on sunday morning i get another sms stating that the time has now changed to 2:40pm....then on sunday night (monday morning) at 1:30am (who sends messages in the middle of the night????) i get yet another sms stating that the flight is now departing at 3:15pm....

just when i was about to leave for the airport this afternoon i get a call from ai saying that the flight has now been moved back to 2:40pm....at this point it was already 1:45pm & i was 20-30 minutes from the airport so i thought there was no way i was going to make it....i got to the airport around 2:15pm completely expecting to have missed my flight, only to find out that the incoming flight has still not landed & the flight is now again rescheduled for 3:15pm....

the flight finally took off at 4:15pm....once again, the flight was pretty uneventful....short hour long flight, food was available for purchase but they ran out of non-veg options by the time they got to the 5th row where i was sitting....
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
at least it departed on the day you booked it for
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
at least it departed on the day you booked it for
that's true....i really should not be complaining....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
short hour long flight, food was available for purchase but they ran out of non-veg options by the time they got to the 5th row where i was sitting....
food for purchase? On Air India?

Hear their ATR ops are in a toss right now because of 2 aircraft being grounded.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashishp
food for purchase? On Air India?

Hear their ATR ops are in a toss right now because of 2 aircraft being grounded.
short hour long flight....food has always been available for purchase on this route....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:17 pm
Used to be shahadil

The alliance routes are trying out this buy on board service. Was speaking to crew on my lakswhadeep trip last month about it. They hate it, and also the fact that the collection is hardly anything. And the fact that there is no menu, it is very difficult figuring out what exactly is on offer.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
AI-890- GAU-DEL- landed in Jaipur on 5th Jan in near zero visiblity

Air India Airbus A320-200, registration VT-ESH performing flight AI-890 from Guwahati to Delhi with 173 people on board, could not land in Delhi (scheduled arrival at 20:40) due to weather and diverted to Jaipur . By the time the aircraft arrived at Jaipur visibility at Jaipur had reduced below minima as well, the crew however needed to decide to land in Jaipur being unable to reach another aerodrome with the fuel remaining. While landing on Jaipur's runway 27 at about 21:30 the aircraft burst a number of tyres, veered left off the runway and the left hand wing collided with an obstacle, reportedly a tree, before the aircraft came to a stop. No injuries occurred, the aircraft received substantial damage to its left hand wing.

The airport reported the aircraft blew a nose gear tyre and received damage to the left hand wing. The aerodrome needed to be closed due to the runway being blocked by the aircraft.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/a.../1/334802.html

http://avherald.com/img/air_india_a3...r_140105_1.jpg
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i was supposed to fly ixd-del on ai last week....a short hour & a half long flight that was supposed to take off at 2:40pm....at 10am i get a call from ai informing me that the flight would now operate as ixd-bom-del taking about 7 hours instead....luckily there is a spice jet flight at 1pm so i cancel the ai tickets & take spice jet instead....when i cancelled i was informed that i would get the full refund since ai changed the flight....

this morning i received the refund & the idiots have charged me a penalty for cancelling the tickets....i've questioned them about this & they are now investigating....i'll get an answer in 6 working days....
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:39 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
i was supposed to fly ixd-del on ai last week....a short hour & a half long flight that was supposed to take off at 2:40pm....at 10am i get a call from ai informing me that the flight would now operate as ixd-bom-del taking about 7 hours instead....luckily there is a spice jet flight at 1pm so i cancel the ai tickets & take spice jet instead....when i cancelled i was informed that i would get the full refund since ai changed the flight....

this morning i received the refund & the idiots have charged me a penalty for cancelling the tickets....i've questioned them about this & they are now investigating....i'll get an answer in 6 working days....
You got some money back in a week..??? ^^

Was your fare on that entitled class that is allowed to complain about refunds..?? If not, please don't waste AI's precious time.. you got money back from a Government Organization.. You should send them a thank you card..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.